I need help ASAP !! Pregnant rat?!?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She sure is cute and I'm glad she's being tolerant. Since I don't know exactly when she got out she might not be showing yet(especially if it just happened) keep a very close eye on her and I would compare her to these photos in a week or so to see if she looks bigger(it can be hard to judge when you see them all the time!) you can also post the new photos in a few days/a week so we can help judge. But as of right this moment she doesn't look pregnant

Alrighty thank you! I'll definitely keep you all posted with her and such I'll also be sure take plenty of photos and she got out Oct 22

Alrighty thank you! I'll definitely keep you all posted with her and such I'll also be sure take plenty of photos and she got out Oct 22
Oh so she might be halfway through the pregnancy already, it's still possible she isn't showing however she would start showing very very soon

Oh so she might be halfway through the pregnancy already, it's still possible she isn't showing however she would start showing very very soon

How soon do you think she'll show?? Cause I read on many places that it's around 2 weeks they start showing so I don't know if that's true or not cause people also have said that through the females entire pregnancy she didn't show til she already gave birth

It's really hard to tell especially without knowing how many would be in her, and yes some manage to hide it till the end. If she only has one or two in her it's likely to be harder to see versus a larger number where it could be quite obvious

It's really hard to tell especially without knowing how many would be in her, and yes some manage to hide it till the end. If she only has one or two in her it's likely to be harder to see versus a larger number where it could be quite obvious

Alrighty no worries at all I'll keep you all posted and keep a good flow of pictures so I can get as much help as possible but thank you so so much for all help! When she hits 2 weeks or so I'll post pictures again 😊

She sure is cute and I'm glad she's being tolerant. Since I don't know exactly when she got out she might not be showing yet(especially if it just happened) keep a very close eye on her and I would compare her to these photos in a week or so to see if she looks bigger(it can be hard to judge when you see them all the time!) you can also post the new photos in a few days/a week so we can help judge. But as of right this moment she doesn't look pregnant

I have an update!

Here's her weights being kept track of:
She was in heat on Oct 22
And started weighing her on the 24th

Oct 24 > 293 grams
Oct 25 > 302 grams
Oct 27 > 309 grams
Oct 29 > 310 grams
Nov 5 > 324 grams
Nov 7 > 325 grams (most recent)

I'll be posting pictures of her belly here soon either tomorrow or the next day 😊

Oh wow, if she isn't pregnant I'd be shocked but I suppose only time will tell!

I have an update!

Here's her weights being kept track of:
She was in heat on Oct 22
And started weighing her on the 24th

Oct 24 > 293 grams
Oct 25 > 302 grams
Oct 27 > 309 grams
Oct 29 > 310 grams
Nov 5 > 324 grams
Nov 7 > 325 grams (most recent)

I'll be posting pictures of her belly here soon either tomorrow or the next day 😊
Hey, isn't she almost due?:)

Yea we'll have to see if she is and what are some pregnant rat behavior that I should be looking for in these next few days ☺️
One thing is if she isn't alone you should do that to be safe. Some behaviors may be obsessive nesting(more then a rat usually does, including hoarding more food), becoming a bit nippy/trying to avoid touch, excessive grooming of the stomach(they remove hair from around the nipples for better access to nursing), general isolation(only leaving nest to eat/drink/go to the bathroom), those kinds of things. If you do get nipped try not to take it personally, she probably didn't mean to!

One thing is if she isn't alone you should do that to be safe. Some behaviors may be obsessive nesting(more then a rat usually does, including hoarding more food), becoming a bit nippy/trying to avoid touch, excessive grooming of the stomach(they remove hair from around the nipples for better access to nursing), general isolation(only leaving nest to eat/drink/go to the bathroom), those kinds of things. If you do get nipped try not to take it personally, she probably didn't mean to!

Alrighty thank you so much I'll keep my eyes open for that and also I'll be posting updates photos of her tonight ☺️

Here's the updated photos for you!

I'm not sure if I see any difference then again I see her pretty much very day and plus I know rats are good at hiding their pregnancies so who knows, let me know if you see a difference ☺️

Attachments

• 20221108_231654.jpg
    20221108_231654.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221108_231509.jpg
    20221108_231509.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Here's the updated photos for you!

I'm not sure if I see any difference then again I see her pretty much very day and plus I know rats are good at hiding their pregnancies so who knows, let me know if you see a difference ☺️
Some of her nipples do look a little pronounced but it's really hard to tell... I'm sorry I can't exactly help more and I'm going to sound like a broken record but I think we'll just have to wait and see- the weight gain makes me think she is but I just don't know truly

Update!

She hasn't had her babies yet which I read they have them at late night and some rats pregnancy can carry on to 23 days so we'll see. I have a feeling she's just fat which is saddening but it is what it is I'll still keep you all posted.

Update!

She hasn't had her babies yet which I read they have them at late night and some rats pregnancy can carry on to 23 days so we'll see. I have a feeling she's just fat which is saddening but it is what it is I'll still keep you all posted.
Interesting indeed. I understand the disappointment(I rescued two girls and I was convinced they were pregnant but they turned out to be just normal little ladies), so the feeling is understandable however I'd also say that you got lucky. The amount of problems that can arise from a rat who has had babies is unimaginable(one of the girls I rescued had a previous litter and unfortunately complications of that helped end her life).

Interesting indeed. I understand the disappointment(I rescued two girls and I was convinced they were pregnant but they turned out to be just normal little ladies), so the feeling is understandable however I'd also say that you got lucky. The amount of problems that can arise from a rat who has had babies is unimaginable(one of the girls I rescued had a previous litter and unfortunately complications of that helped end her life).

But with all that we'll see late tonight or late tomorrow night to see anything cause she normally never puts on this much weight ever I've had her since she was a pinky and she never in her entire life went above 240-250 grams she always kept that steady but ever since I got her out from the boys cage and saw the plug her weight is now 343 grams so she gained a lot more weight and she hasn't even been giving anything special (diet wise) so we'll see cause I know her quite well. I'll keep you updated.

But with all that we'll see late tonight or late tomorrow night to see anything cause she normally never puts on this much weight ever I've had her since she was a pinky and she never in her entire life went above 240-250 grams she always kept that steady but ever since I got her out from the boys cage and saw the plug her weight is now 343 grams so she gained a lot more weight and she hasn't even been giving anything special (diet wise) so we'll see cause I know her quite well. I'll keep you updated.
Any news?

Back