I miss my boys!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chels

I'm back at my family home for a visit for just over a week, and instead of stressing my rats with hours and hours on the road I left them back at home with a pet-sitter. I trust her to take good care of them because she is familiar with rat care but I never expected to miss the little guys so much! It's making it all too real that the precious creatures have such short little lives, but they become such an important part of ours.

Did anyone else underestimate just how special rats were before they became a part of your family? I knew I liked them and thought they were cute, but honestly never realized just how attached I would get! It's a pleasant surprise.

I often forget that I've had certain rats only six or so months just because I love them so much and the habits I've formed around them feel so natural. Like, laying in bed, petting a sleeping rat? Completely normal. I can't watch TV without Genji fast asleep against me. It just feels so freakin weird!!

I refer to my rats as my emotional support animals. My grandma always grumbles that we can't travel because of my rats, and I don't mind. I love them to death and I feel very lonely without my babies.

Back