I may have made a mistake..

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boenderboi

I may have overreacted to my baby boy's (9-10 weeks) breathing issues. Ive been treating my adult boys with prescribed doxycycline because of a uri and when i heard similar breathing noises coming from my baby i panicked and stupidly decided to give him a portion of doxycycline that was 3x too high for his weight. I feel terrible and i don't know what to do because i read later that doxycycline brings growth risks to such young rats but that quiting the treatment too soon can cause the bacteria to become more resistant. I dont know what i was thinking please help me, do i continue (with appropriate portions) or should i just leave it as is? Please help im so scared that i put his health at risk even more.

One dose won't hurt him, its only a sustained course that can potentially cause problems. But even if a baby rat was really sick you would still give the Big Rat antibiotics to them to save their lives. Your wee one should be just fine :D

Back