I have a sick rat:(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Indigo_0922

One of my rats had a surgery on a tumor,and for some reason they gave us the wrong price.So we were not able to afford her metacam right away,but we called everywhere we could for 3 days after looking for some.She took some of her staples out but isn't bleeding or anything,its slightly open on the top and she has some saggy skin but that could be extra from her tumor I'm not sure.hoping since it is a monday we can get her in somewhere tomorrow.But she looks so pitiful,is there anything I can do for her pain or comfort until then?I'm so worried.If I need to post pictures I can

It would be best if you could get meloxicam (Meloxidyl), but if you have (preferably liquid) ibuprofen (Nuprin, PediaProfen, Children’s Advil, Motrin), then you could use that until you can get meloxicam.

Dosage from the Exotic Animal Formulary (5th edition) is 15 mg/kg PO (oral) q4hr.

A medical honey ointment could also be helpful.

Do you have liquid ibuprofen? Or liquid acetaminophen? (Children’s Tylenol Suspension, Children / Infant’s Tylenol Concentrated Drops)

The acetaminophen dosage I would use is 100 mg/kg PO (oral) q4hr, but I would strongly prefer an NSAID.

Last edited:
Back