I had to buy this sweet potato

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nelly

I went shopping this morning and went to pick up a sweet potato. Had to buy this one, but now I'm not sure I can eat it. It looks like a ferret or something (well the head of). The photos aren't awfully clear but here's my very sweet potatohead!
sweetpotatohead2.jpg

sweetpotatohead1.jpg

Perhaps it's just me!!!!

Lol! The last time I bought one of those I stuck it in water and grew a plant, haha. You can't eat that one! : P May as well get little flowers out of it. ;)

Lol, I showed my brother your potatoe and he agreed it was cool! I wouldn't be able to eat it either. Too bad you couldn't save it from going bad somehow :lol:

Any ideas what I can do to preserve my sweet, sweet potato? He's still looking good at the moment but there's disagreement over whether he's a ferret, otter or mole (I took him to work today to show people!)

Nelly said:
Any ideas what I can do to preserve my sweet, sweet potato? He's still looking good at the moment but there's disagreement over whether he's a ferret, otter or mole (I took him to work today to show people!)
:lol4:

Nelly said:

Lol! I think ferret it my #1 of what it looks like. I can see someone thinking otter, or weasel.. but mole? Lol

Nice vegetable! lol. Yeah, I think it's a ferret! That's the beauty of pictures, you've already preserved it forever!

Here's my best animal/food pic ever. A slop of gravy, looks like a rabbit running, eh?
Gravy1.jpg

Cool stuff :cool2: I think you should plant it in a pot indoors and watch it grow, it'll have really pretty vines growing from it and maybe eventually you'll get more potatoes :lol6: Here's a link to growing sweet potatoes: http://www.downsizer.net/Projects/Growing_Food/Growing_Sweet_Potatoes/
Just put the tater in a glass of water (or Miracle Gro) with toothpicks to suspend it and keep refilling the water. :D

Back