I’m excited to be here!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ratmama17

Hello everyone!
I currently have 3 ratties in a double CN (I know that’s pretty spacious but I’m planning on saving many more when I move out of my parents house)
-Immie is my sweet girl. I’m not sure how old she is. I work at a pet store and someone brought her in in a 10 gallon tank by herself. She was already so big that she took up 1/4 of the cage just sitting there. I had to take her home because I know rats need companionship and plenty of room.
-Juno is my wild one, she’s going on 4 months old. She climbs and chews and jumps and makes a ton of messes. She’s growing so fast!
-Pax is Juno’s little sister and the more cuddly of the sisters. They wrestle and play like crazy but at the end of the day Immie and the new girls cuddle up together in their space pod and sleep like babies.

I was so happy that the girls were introduced well and love eachother.

As for myself I’ve been vegan for 3 years and have fallen completely in love with rats. I know I might get some glares for working at a pet store but my main goal at work is trying to make sure that every animal is doing his or her best. I’m excited to be here in such an open and kind community!

P.S—— does anyone know how I could tell Immie’s age? She’s definitely slower than the babies but seems full of life.

Last edited:
D3D5F4EB-21BD-4CE3-B24F-8FD96D7294D6.jpeg
F97E05F7-FAAB-4E2F-87CE-3D2AB0B789A8.jpeg
34E72BEE-DB29-4B07-8E27-04EC100C812B.png

Hello to you and your girls! I don't know any good way to guess their age once they reach adulthood. I think teeth color is the best gauge but still won't narrow it down much.

Back