How often do you feed your ratties?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Imjessiegee

I'm not sure on how often to feed them. I leave their normal food bowl filled up, incase they want that. But in the mornings at around 7am I wake up and give them breakfast, be that porridge/oatmeal, yogurt or baby food. I then head to college and get back at around 4pm, and usually feed them something small like a boiled egg or something. And then at around 7/8pm they get dinner which is like veggies/some fruit as a treat here and there.

Is this too much? How often do you feed with sides?

It sounds like you're feeding them healthy foods and as long as it's being portioned so that they're not gaining a bunch of weight, I think this seems fine.

I feed mine once at night, and then little treats during the day when we play or I clean the cage.

I would keep their protein very low as well as fat. They don't need much of it. Like us, their energy source is carbs. So oatmeal and grains are a good idea.

oatmeal, grains, and vegs are good.

I cook mine oatmeal and put berries on tp for me and the ratties. Berries such as blueberries are very healthy - and affordable if you buy and freeze when they are in season

I thought oatmeal was high in protein. Here in Scotland it’s called porridge and it’s at 11%? Is that too high? I do veggies every night

Back