How many is to many?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BreRATanna

Is 6 rats in a single critter nation to many? I only have a single critter nation and one of my females I adopted was pregnant. I have found homes for all the boys but only two of the girls which would leave me with 6 in a SCN. Is that to many? I am still actively looking for homes for them, but it seems no one wants females right now.

4 or 5 in a single critter nation
Use all the space wisely - hammocks, tubes attached to the sides, etc
a 12 inch diameter solid wheel
and lots of daily out time in a rat safe play area where they can run, climb, play, explore and interact with you - my rats like to have access to their cage when they are out playing

perhaps later you can add another CN section - either an add on section or another single to add to the side and double the horizontal space

4 or 5 in a single critter nation
Use all the space wisely - hammocks, tubes attached to the sides, etc
a 12 inch diameter solid wheel
and lots of daily out time in a rat safe play area where they can run, climb, play, explore and interact with you - my rats like to have access to their cage when they are out playing

perhaps later you can add another CN section - either an add on section or another single to add to the side and double the horizontal space
They have lots of hammocks and ropes and such and I take them out everyday. I was just worried that with 6 they wouldn't have enough space as they got bigger. Two are adults and 4 are babies. I'm just not having any luck finding the babies homes.

Ahh! I really want your beautiful babies and I only live 2 hours away!! But I must restrain myself... Good luck though!

I think for now six is fine as long as they're not showing any signs of boredom, and your also not planning on keeping all of them so you might just have to wait.

Ahh! I really want your beautiful babies and I only live 2 hours away!! But I must restrain myself... Good luck though!

I think for now six is fine as long as they're not showing any signs of boredom, and your also not planning on keeping all of them so you might just have to wait.
If your honestly interested, I would be willing to meet you in the middle!

Back