How long should they be out?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

I have a penned area for them with food, water, toys and a place to sleep. If I am home they are either with me or in the play area. I figure they spend enough time in the cage while I work. They love hanging out in the hood of my sweat shirt while I go about my business in the house

Hope this helps
Monica

I don't know if any specific time is needed or best. But my guys used to come out for an hour a day sometimes more, depending. But if you only have time for 20 minutes, then definitely do the 20 minutes. Any interactions and play time is good.

Hi

I have a penned area for them with food, water, toys and a place to sleep. If I am home they are either with me or in the play area. I figure they spend enough time in the cage while I work. They love hanging out in the hood of my sweat shirt while I go about my business in the house

Hope this helps
Monica

My rats don’t usually pee outside their cage or use the potty so it is not a worry for me.

They love their home! My oldest rat who is 3 years old always just wants to stay in his cage haha but they all get an hour out every day and if I have a really bad day they are out 30 mins which does not happen very often. It’s good to know that an hour should suffice :) I get pretty busy some days but if I can give them more time out I’ll try and see if they are happier.

Back