• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Rat Shack and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Pet For Sale (Houston area) Adults, adolescents, babies (some fancy, some dumbo), males and females

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeowMix

So, I'm sure we're not the only ones who have encountered this situation...

We had an absolutely lovely dumbo male who was reaching the end of his time, and in an effort to carry on his lineage, we picked up a sweet albino girl for him to mate with. That was successful, and he produced a huge litter before he passed. All fine and dandy. Fast forward a few months, one of our young ladies chews a hole in the plastic liner in the bottom of one of the cages while we're sleeping, and wouldn't you know it, several of them made a beeline to one of the male cages. Now we have somewhere close to thirty rats, which is...a mixed blessing. So many adorable fuzzy babies, so many resources needed to keep them healthy and happy.

We tried rehoming them on Nextdoor, but it seems like someone had it out for us (or just hates rats), because all of the posts we ever made trying to advertise that we were looking to rehome (using the same exact language as the posts rehoming dogs and cats) got reported and removed for violating a rule about "selling" animals. No matter how many times we reached out for help to NextDoor or begged people to stop reporting, that continued. And then today, my partner's account got straight-up banned.

And that leads us here. If you're in need of any rats and you live in the Houston, TX area, please, give me a shout. We'd like to get our numbers down to less than 15 if we can, and ideally to around 10-12, as it's hard to give every individual the attention they deserve with just me and my partner as things are now.

One of our lovely babies. This one in particular is staying permanently with us, but I had to take the opportunity to gush over her while I could 😄 What a cutie.
IMG_1214.jpg

7/14/22 Edit: I wasn't thinking too deeply when making the title of the post, so I wanted to clarify: I don't want to give anyone the impression that we've got pinkies for rehoming. While we do have pinkies since we just had a litter, we're not willing to rehome any rat who isn't 100% able to be separated from its mama without issues. What we do have is a litter (the one that Buttons up above comes from) that is of appropriate age to be rehomed, as well as a somewhat older (I think around four months old at this point) litter . It's the most recent unexpected litter (pinkies) that convinced us that we need to be trying really hard to get some of our babies rehomed.

Last edited:
So, I'm sure we're not the only ones who have encountered this situation...

We had an absolutely lovely dumbo male who was reaching the end of his time, and in an effort to carry on his lineage, we picked up a sweet albino girl for him to mate with. That was successful, and he produced a huge litter before he passed. All fine and dandy. Fast forward a few months, one of our young ladies chews a hole in the plastic liner in the bottom of one of the cages while we're sleeping, and wouldn't you know it, several of them made a beeline to one of the male cages. Now we have somewhere close to thirty rats, which is...a mixed blessing. So many adorable fuzzy babies, so many resources needed to keep them healthy and happy.

We tried rehoming them on Nextdoor, but it seems like someone had it out for us (or just hates rats), because all of the posts we ever made trying to advertise that we were looking to rehome (using the same exact language as the posts rehoming dogs and cats) got reported and removed for violating a rule about "selling" animals. No matter how many times we reached out for help to NextDoor or begged people to stop reporting, that continued. And then today, my partner's account got straight-up banned.

And that leads us here. If you're in need of any rats and you live in the Houston, TX area, please, give me a shout. We'd like to get our numbers down to less than 15 if we can, and ideally to around 10-12, as it's hard to give every individual the attention they deserve with just me and my partner as things are now.

One of our lovely babies. This one in particular is staying permanently with us, but I had to take the opportunity to gush over her while I could 😄 What a cutie.
7/14/22 Edit: I wasn't thinking too deeply when making the title of the post, so I wanted to clarify: I don't want to give anyone the impression that we've got pinkies for rehoming. While we do have pinkies since we just had a litter, we're not willing to rehome any rat who isn't 100% able to be separated from its mama without issues. What we do have is a litter (the one that Buttons up above comes from) that is of appropriate age to be rehomed, as well as a somewhat older (I think around four months old at this point) litter . It's the most recent unexpected litter (pinkies) that convinced us that we need to be trying really hard to get some of our babies rehomed.
Hey there, I live in the Houston area and I’m looking for a cage mate for my sweet fancy male. He is actually my daughters but I can’t help but dote on him myself. He is the absolute sweetest. I’m hoping to find him a buddy that isn’t aggressive and possibly do well together as cage mates. I’d most likely be interested in an older adolescent or adult if possible. I’m in the Katy area. My name is Cheryl btw.

Back