Homemade rat toy

Help Support Rat Shack Forum:

Ratlover2013

I made this digging box yesterday for my rats.

I picked up a clear plastic tub, cut a square hole in the top and put some round air holes around the top as well. I filled it with fleece scraps & treats. Added a ladder to the outside so they could get up top.

I have it out for playtime.

The rats LOVE it.

DarkRider2k3

I like this idea. I might have to try this as well. During cage cleans, my girls (mainly Mischief) love to try and climb INTO the bucket of water. It scares me because I don't want them falling in. Not that they'd drown, as I'm constantly using the bucket during the cleanings, but that I don't want them getting hurt at all, or dirty for that matter.. it's yucky poo water :(

jorats

Loving rats since 2002.
Staff member
Admin
I have something similar. I made the holes on the side and put a bunch of fleece and balls in there. I should add cheerios to entice them more again.

Ace8670

Very Kool idea! I like it my rats play in their laundry basket where I keep their clean fleece and such but I would have never thought of making a toy in similar fashion looks like alot of rat fun might have to steal the idea as well ;)

SQ

Senior Member - Vegan for the animals
Please note that the snak shak logs and hideways are not safe to use with rats and other small animals
They contain honey which makes the rats (etc) think they are food, and instead of just chewing them many will eat them.
Some rats have died after eating the snak shak logs etc because their intestines were blocked
Below is a picture of a brand new one of these dangerous logs which I threw out

threw out a snak shak log.JPG

dangerous - can kill pets

Last edited:

SQ

Senior Member - Vegan for the animals
I would suggest adding something like organic kumut puffs (nature's path organic cereal) instead of cheerios, because cheerios contain GMOs and Glyphosate

Latest posts