Holding down fleece

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sabz

I don't know why I feel like holding down fleece with binder clips (waste of time) and ceramic isn't suffice. I end up spending so many hours cleaning clips. Which I end up having to make quilted fleece as liners for my rats. The bottom bins are diamond soft bedding, but what can I do for the other layers to hold them down without having to make so many repairs?

Attachments

• IMG_20201127_161110.jpg
    IMG_20201127_161110.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 136
Hi guys, sorry for the double post, but after a bit of searching. I might just resow my liners into pillow case style, where they just slip into the Pans. Have any of you had any experience with this? I do have other layers within; one to absorb another that's waterproof underneath the fleece..
I have also seen someone use sewing elastics but I have not found anything or method to do that, while the pillow case style is simple
Thanks

I put down my liner, and then on top of that, large fleece scraps and then on top of that, bunches of small fleece scraps

I've done the elastics in the corners, the rats chew them off almost immediately, total waste of time.
I've used pillowcase style, be prepared for them to try to get in or under it LOL
The corners always get chewed up first, it seems.

What I recently learned is that rats are naturally burrowing animals and a lot of ppl are doing deep pans of soft beddings/litter for them to dig in. Some are even doing something called Bioactive set ups (google it, it's neat!)
I know mine love digging boxes so I'm going to try to find a reasonably priced litter or bedding to use on the bottom of their cage.

BTW cool patchwork job, very colorful!

I put down my liner, and then on top of that, large fleece scraps and then on top of that, bunches of small fleece scraps

I've done the elastics in the corners, the rats chew them off almost immediately, total waste of time.
I've used pillowcase style, be prepared for them to try to get in or under it LOL
The corners always get chewed up first, it seems.

What I recently learned is that rats are naturally burrowing animals and a lot of ppl are doing deep pans of soft beddings/litter for them to dig in. Some are even doing something called Bioactive set ups (google it, it's neat!)
I know mine love digging boxes so I'm going to try to find a reasonably priced litter or bedding to use on the bottom of their cage.

BTW cool patchwork job, very colorful!
Elastics? Like.... elastic hair ties or rubberbands or something of the like??

Thanks for the replies! Very informative. As for the elastics, It was on the post of show me your cages
https://www.ratshackforum.com/threads/show-your-cage.1637/post-28975
I will attach the picture of the elastics I am talking about, seems like the same ones to make our masks with. I can see how they would chew off the elastics.
I would have to try a pillowcase mid-floor, on the critter nation, I also saw a shelf down with velcro. Usually, I don't have a problem with them borrowing as these liners are about 2 years old. My issue is with clips that I use saw I have to clean about 50 clips... It's just too much... wasting like 2 hours every cleaning right there. I add a lot of housing. Hammocks Etc. The bottom levels are 3-inch metal pan

Attachments

• StellagangpeasFN.jpg
    StellagangpeasFN.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 163
Back