Hi there!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cool!!! So what kind of bedding do you use? I've read that "rabbit food" is a good form of bedding... even better than CareFresh.

Rabbit food??? As in hay??? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :!:

jennifervb said:
cool!!! So what kind of bedding do you use? I've read that "rabbit food" is a good form of bedding... even better than CareFresh.

Hehehe...as in alfalfa pellets. :) The cheap version of YN.

Melissa said:
That's really cool that you can have a family that can do such a thing and get along in the same building, lol!
Gives them good practice for having lots of ratties living in the same cage I would think :wink:

lilspaz68 said:
jennifervb said:

Hehehe...as in alfalfa pellets. :) The cheap version of YN.

I would love to try alfalfa pellets as bedding, except whenever I look for rabbit food in the pet stores they only have the kind that is mixed with other stuff, not just plain rabbit food (alfalfa pellets). I wanted to get the pellets before just to use in the bottom of the cage for the kids that love to dig but dunno??

I am actually not using YN anymore in my litter pans. I am using Mewsprint from PetValu now. A 26 lb bag for $11.00...lasts forever and I think it works better and feels softer than true YN. :)

I think I would die from the smell of alfalfa pellets in my bedroom since all the rats are in with me...I prefer silent bedding. :wink2:

Back