Hi!I'm new here

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Indigo_0922

I'm getting an apartment soon and my last pet(a bunny named Levi)unfortunately passed away on Christmas eve.He was well taken care of but not in good condition when I got him and I think being on meds so long made him have digestive issues that caused him to die young.I will be living alone so figured I would get myself some animal friends.Once I am moved in I decided I want to get some rats and figured I could learn a lot from this forum so I could take the best care of them!Any setup advice or advice on the best places to find my new rat buddies would be appreciated
(Added some pictures of Levi as well)
received_2682414918747800.jpeg
received_364823137505608.jpeg
received_379009629405775.jpeg
received_318325928902625.jpeg

Attachments

• received_364823137505608.jpeg
    received_364823137505608.jpeg
    104 KB · Views: 228
One of my friends had an accidental pregnancy in one of her rats and I am getting 2 of the babies!she is holding 2 back for me,they are already old enough and shes separating the males and females.

Last edited:
Yay! I’m sorry there hasn’t been much activity on this thread. I’m very happy for you! But I am sorry for your loss... what a terrible thing to lose a pet. He looked like a very happy bunny.

I do not have rats, but I know a lot about them- if you had any specific questions, shoot!

What is the cage she’s giving you? I’m sure by now you know that they cannot stay in tanks and need more than 1/2 inch bar spacing. They also really enjoy hammocks and climbing so it must have enough room for them to be active. :)

Welcome to the forum! What a beautiful bunbun you had! I'm sorry you had to lose him on that day :(

Do you know what age the babies were when she separated males from females? I hope it was before the females could get pregnant.

Back