Hi from Virginia!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zoomom31

Glad to meet everyone! After having been ratless for some years now, I just got 2 sweethearts that have already given me a lot to smile about. Being one who likes to keep current on information, I began to look for a group to be a part of. Things have changed since last I had rats!! Some groups are gone, or changed, and a couple of unfamiliar names came up. So, thought I would give this one a go.
My older rattie is 8 months old (I was told, though I suspect he is a little older), and neutered (yay!!!); he is black with white front feet, joining a white bib on his chest. His name is Sox. I got him a little companion who only 3 months old, a little female I have named Stella for the white star on her forehead. Her coloring is sort of a blue merle with a couple of swirls of light tan, on white, in a loosely hooded pattern. Both of these kids are very gentle and playful - I really lucked out!
Looking to learn what's new, what's been discovered as far as improved nutrition, caging and care, and maybe make some new friends. Thanks for allowing me to participate!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! So as far as food, most use oxbow adult rat food, or harlan 2014 I think. I personally like oxbow. Cages, I think most agree the critter nation, or dcn is the Cadillac of cages. LOL. Not sure what else to put for now. Cute rattie faces in your profile pic. :rolleyes::D

Awh~ Welcome.! I'd love to see a photo of their coloring. They sound stunning.!

Back