Hi everyone

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nadia

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Hello to all rat lovers,

First I would like to apologise as I’m new to any forum whatsoever and so I hope I abide by the rules and basically... bare with me lol
I’m new to having rats. I’m absolutely in love with them after only 4 weeks. I’ve had other rodents before and always loved them all, but rats... wow!!! I have 3 dogs and worked with dogs in the past and rats are like the dogs of the rodents! They are amazing! I’m sure you all know this though lol

I live in England and I’m aware this forum is American but all you lovely folks sound so knowledgable so I thought I could get some good advice here.

I have four boys (From the top)
Splinter- around 12 weeks old
Ghost- around 12 weeks old
Remy- around 9 weeks old
Lilly Boy Rat (my daughter named him lol) also around 9 weeks old

I have a big cage that I’ve divided temporarily in 2 as I’ve got Remy and Lilly Boy first and after a week I’ve got Ghost and Splinter and being new to rats I thought I’d keep them in 2 groups and when I’m confident enough introduce them (which I’m now slowly doing)

And that’s it.

I hope this wasn’t too long lol

Thanks to all
Nadia

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 145
Welcome to the forum! :)

sweet ratties and nice cage :D

Actually this was a Canadian Rat Rescue forum started by Jorats but a few years ago she sold it to an American who makes money off of sites from the advertising
This forum has always had members from all over North America as well as some across the pond and in other parts of the world as well

The rules and a lot of good info can be found here https://www.ratshackforum.com/threads/reference-thread-read-only.35894/

btw there is info in the link re intros and you may also want to check out joinrats.com

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum and very cute names and rats! My grandma really wanted to name my first rats Ratatouille and to name another one Ratticus Finch... She had a funny name the other day, but I've forgotten it.

Your rats are young enough that introductions should be relatively easy. As SQ mentioned, don't be afraid to look at the reference thread. It has some really good information. Male rats tend to get a bad rap for being hard introductions, but I've had very little issues thus far. Good luck and welcome to being owned by a rat!

Welcome to the forum and very cute names and rats! My grandma really wanted to name my first rats Ratatouille and to name another one Ratticus Finch... She had a funny name the other day, but I've forgotten it.

Your rats are young enough that introductions should be relatively easy. As SQ mentioned, don't be afraid to look at the reference thread. It has some really good information. Male rats tend to get a bad rap for being hard introductions, but I've had very little issues thus far. Good luck and welcome to being owned by a rat!

Thank you :),

I’m totally in to extravagant names lol one of my dogs is called Stewie Gizmo Magical Boy and I demanded that it was all included in his passport :p the vet looked at me in a funny way... don’t know why lol:rolleyes:

Ratticus Finch is brilliant lol

I love funny names for animals! For now, my rats are named after video games, books, TV shows, and an actor. My grandma wanted me to rename two rescues into Chris and Pratt (because she knows I love Chris Pratt). I just call them the Pratt Ratts and their names are Owen Grady and Peter Quill. I used to really like that Voltron Netflix reboot. Ended up finding out the names of the mice on that show and named rats after those guys.
I have a Pembroke Welsh corgi whose full name is Danny Weenie Drumstick. My friends call him Lt. Dan. I call him Shortie or Weenie. Both of which he responds to.

Gotta love these funny names! If I take home another rescue, I'll have to name one Ratticus Finch and get a couple other puny names. If I ever get siamese rats, I'll have to name them after the siamese cats from Lady and the Tramp :p I've got a long list of names waiting!

Back