Hi everyone, these are my babies

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racholo

Hey everyone,
I've posted on here a bit and I now have my two new babies so time for intros.
I'm Rachel, and I have 5 beautiful boys.
Zek(Agouti self)
Zac(Dove irish)
Boots(Fawn hooded)
Smok(Black berkshire)
& Hezsky(Black hooded), Danish anand Czech for handsome. Both brothers.
Hezsky is my heart rat, and greets me by running over and sitting on my shoulder before food or anything else when let out at playtime.

Attachments

• 20190630_141155.jpg
    20190630_141155.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 267
  • Snapchat-1597260335.jpg
    Snapchat-1597260335.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 273
  • 20190701_124400.jpg
    20190701_124400.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:
Omg so cute! My pepper used to prefer humans over food too. He was my heart rat. Such pretty babies you have! I LOVE when mine sleep in a little ball! I love seeing pics of others sleeping in a ball too!

Omg so cute! My pepper used to prefer humans over food too. He was my heart rat. Such pretty babies you have! I LOVE when mine sleep in a little ball! I love seeing pics of others sleeping in a ball too!
Yes me to! Rattie potatoes are the cutest thing ever

Also, a little bit of background info:
Hezsky and Smok were pet shop boys who didn't get enough handling as babies, I came home with them after finding out they'd been there for three weeks, and had very little handling. I couldn't leave them - this started my mischief.
They were very timid when I got them - I've spent hours taming them and they are now the sweetest boys, I've never had such skittish rats but while I probably wouldn't want to do it again, it has been hugely rewarding and humbling experience to see the change.
Boots was brought in case Hezsky and Smok didn't become cuddly due to their past, because I wanted a cuddle bug. He was from a 'breeder', but not registered and in my inexperience I didn't ask the questions I now know I should.
Zek and Zac were brought as my first experience with a proper breeder - yes, I will never go back to pet stores after this.
Zek is a baby to the biggest female and male rat I have ever seen. Mum is a fluffy, so Zek must carry the fluffy gene - unsure whether he can have a fluffy coat as assume it's a recessive gene?
Zac is a rescue boy, who was in deplorable conditions when the breeder took him - barely on three weeks and separated from mum. Some of his siblings didn't make it :(
I got Zek and Zac together because I wanted them to have each other, and to leave the breeders with a friend for the transition.

Back