Hi everyone, old member here, wondering who's still here

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what I meant about the FB rat groups being tiresome is that it's often the same questions asked over and over again, or the same arguments about certain things, etc. FB just doesn't have the same feel of community that this forum always had for me, and also it's a lot easier to find things here lol

Smallvic, your post made me sign in and say howdy to everyone, LOL. So happy to see a few old names! Hi Petunia! Hi SQ! Hi Rhapsody! Hi Fidget! Hi Bella!

And I guess hi to Jo and LilSpaz but you two are just whatever ;)

My name is Jane, my username is smallvic (obviously) and I have been a member since the beginning. I used to rescue rats. I dropped out of everything for a long time, and yet I still kept pet rats except for a two-year window. I have an old, old boy now (maybe not so old, but 2-1/2). About six months ago, the Rat Race Forum on FB, where a lot of us went, closed down, and I understand the reasons why. And I have since quit Facebook so the only places I get rat pics now are on Instagram and occasionally Twitter (both of which I love).

So I'm just saying Hi and wondering who of the old crowd is still here, and meet some of those who came after!

Still here, It does seem like the same people answering and chatting in threads though. Haven’t seen anyone new around recently...

Hey,
I can't recall how long ago I joined the forum. I post monthly with Travelin' Rat stuff and any good stuff I can find like contests or fundraisers. We have an FB page for The Traveln' Rat where we post information about events, fundraisers, rescue happenings, etc, plus rat pictures and memes. I am in a lot of FB rat groups but never get a chance to visit them. Doesn't sound like I'm missing a whole lot. ;)

Hi again everyone - I recognize several of you! I really am out to lunch - I finally checked my mail today (old smallvic account) and saw a slew of email. Terrible :)

Pinkerton has gone to the Rainbow Bridge peacefully and at the vet's, leaving me with his bunny brothers. I won't be getting another rat for a good while yet, as my life is in flux again - a job search, a move, and some travel beforehand…
which is why I logged into my email. I'm looking for a petsitter for them.
My brain is a lump of jelly at this time of day. And it was a holiday Monday here.

I truly appreciate you all getting back to me on this thread, really. It sure beats Facebook and every message seeming to disappear overnight, before you even know what happened to it.

BTW, Pinkerton died of old age and CHF. Please note: only the Xray from when I sat on him (yes! OMG, but he was only sore, nothing broken!) gave a clue he had potential CHF, but we treated him for upper respiratory… his last few days confirmed it was CHF even without blue fingers and toes. Please be mindful that if your rat ever has a gasping attack, it might not be respiratory/pneumonia, it might be CHF.

Other than that, he was a very happy boy up to the end. His last two days were not good days, so that's why I let him go.

You can see his last gallery on instagram.com/janerette - as well as many other pics of him and the bunnies and breakfast.

Back