Hey All

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LA

Thanks for inviting me. My name is Lea-Andra, you may know me as outrageousprincess. LA... well that comes from my name.

I would like to introduce my babies, Ruby and Hazel. They are 6 months old. Hazel is a hooded rat and Ruby is PEW. I have had them since 5 weeks old. They are my pride and joy and they are the best pets I have ever had.

Wayne (my boyfriend) and I are possibly thinking of getting one more, if we get a male we are going to neuter him. I want to think hard on that one before we do get another one. We have the room for one more rat.

Last summer I took care of my stepbrothers rat while he was in jail and friends of ours realized what good pets rats are. They in turn got two rats but didn't realize how easy it is for them to breed and ended up with a litter, we then took two of them. Actually at the time I was wanting a pet as I had always had cats and dogs my entire life, but we didn't have the room for a dog and nor the money for a cat (I'm also allergic to cats). So I told Wayne "If I can't have a cat I want two rats" So there you go, definately got to say we are rat lovers for life.

LA

Welcome!!!!
What a nice story on how you got into rats. :D And your bf loves them too...awwww that's great!
thumbsup.gif

I didn't get to know you very well before but that will have to be remedied. :D

Melissa said:
Welcome LA! I love that icon, lol!

Thanks, I couldn't put mine on here as the pics are too big so I searched pics on google and found it.

Lilspaz, defiantely.

Welcome LA... I'm going to miss calling you princess though. lol I thought that was so cute. lol

If you want to send me your big pics, I can resize them for you to make your avatar. Or you can keep that really nice icon too.

Thanks I will that's awesome. I was thinking about my nickname, but I have been wanting to change it for a while. I like them both though.

Hello! Welcome!

LA said:
"If I can't have a cat I want two rats" So there you go, definately got to say we are rat lovers for life.

That's a bit like how I got into rats. I found an injured wild rat laying on the pavement (sidewalk) when I was walking home from the gym. She couldn't use her front legs but seemed uninjured so I think it may have been poison. I couldn't leave her there to be kicked into the road or stamped on, so I took her home. Sadly she died overnight but it sparked my interest and I started reading up on keeping rats. I told my then bf that I wanted 2 rats and he asked why. My reply was "If you won't let me have another cat" (my cat and one of his had passed away, leaving us with one out of the three we'd had) "then I want 2 rats."

It was probably one of the best decisions I ever made! Perdy and Mitts joined my life around 7 weeks later.

I challenged him again the following year when I fell in love with the first dumbo I saw "If you can't come up with a good reason for why I shouldn't get him before I leave for work tomorrow, then I'm getting him". Hmmm, wonder why we're not together any more.

Hiya LA! I do have to say, I LOVE your avatar... it's gotta be one of the cutest things ever.. don't change it!

Hello LA! And Wayne, Ruby & Hazel too!
(I know I'm going back to old posts, hope this isn't messing anyone up - I'm doing my research)
I've seen subsequent posts about your girls and it's so nice to meet you!

Back