Help

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephluv304

so my male rat floki i have had for 6 months he gets along with the rabbit dogs even the cat while out yesterday we adopted a female name still pending the first introducing happened last night he was great super curious an just content she was very timid and very scared. Today she was more curious of him but still cautious but floki today has completely changed his mind on her he keeps puffing up wich is almost to cute for me not to laugh and he is being different towards me an my boyfriend normally he is a cuddle monster today he is just starting at us like he is plotting to murder us in our sleep. Any tips on making this smoother or any idea why he could have changed his opinion over night

If you plan to keep them together, get him neutered. That'll fix the aggression, and she won't have oops babies.

If you plan to keep them together, get him neutered. That'll fix the aggression, and she won't have oops babies.
We are in the process of trying to find somewhere to get him snipped but in our area there is nothing so I have been expanding the search Google has not been a help it just gives me regular vet after regular vets number we had planned on having him done b4 we got another but this poor girl wasn't in the best situation so it had to happen

Quick update i was up all night with them floki spent the whole night sleeping by her cage an this morning I tryd face to face an its actually her who is initiating the aggressiveness from him she will go up to him an kinda just smack n squeak till he chases her then she really gets vocal

Just watch them VERY closely, because all it takes is a quick mount, and you've got babies. 😂 But I don't blame you for letting them at least get acquainted. I'd just let them do it through bars for now...

Just watch them VERY closely, because all it takes is a quick mount, and you've got babies. 😂 But I don't blame you for letting them at least get acquainted. I'd just let them do it through bars for now...
After seenin her seeking instigating butt this morning we r alternating cage time n free time to were they can b beside each other but with bars I feel bad cus he has free time 90% of the time normally n she really likes it but im not ready to b a grandma yet and she is still in a better situation than she was so baby steps lol

Do WHAT through the bars? Have sex? Why???

Back