Help!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SQ

Senior Member - Vegan for the animals
Please respond to this person if you have any ideas.
I emailed a few sugestions and asked about colour, ... could be a pet rat - but regardless, deserves humane treatment.
Posted the link to the site below, so people can respond to (edit.) her.

poor little rattie ...
===============================================

Hi There,
I thought I had a mouse but when I caught it, it was around 4 inches just the body!!!! I don't think this is a mouse!!!! It only caught the face of the rodent in the trap!! If you have any advice on what I could do or should do I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks in advance

http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-pets-other-L ... dZ34611963

Turns out it is a woman and the animal is dead.

She emailed me back.

" It was dark grayish in color, with a whitish belly and feet. It worries me because I know that rat pee and poop is poisonous and I have kids that are crawling around. I have found evidence of it in the basement (where we caught it) and on the main level under the fridge. I have also heard something in my bedroom upstairs so I think they are in the walls."

If it was a rat, it would be a pet since is is a berk?
Her landlord is sending someone today to take a look.

Please email suggestions/info to her
and any ideas on what I can do to help the ratties?

She must be talking about the Hanta virus which I believe is only in field and deer mice.

As for the rat, some agouti wild rats have a creamy white belly.

The person her landlord sent looked at the poop and decided it was mice not rats ???? :roll:

They have decided to use traps ... don't think she means the humane have-a-heart traps I suggested (ie catch and release in a barn ...)

Disappointed they aren't at least going for the sound devices that would drive the mice away.

Responded to her email but don't think it will make a difference.
Maybe if more people wrote her and very nicely suggested alternatives ......

poor little mice ... :cry:

You can really tell the difference between mice and rats, they've got very tiny poops... I should know cause I find them in my glove compartment. :roll:
I knew there was a reason I didn't want Nic feeding the mice under our deck. LOL

Back