Help with lumps and sores

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaana

Hello,
My rat shadow has a bit smaller then a golf ball size lump in her groin are and on her face she also has a lump, which appear to be sore. A couple weeks back I took her to the vets and have been trying metacam, to see if it was due to inflammation, but she doesn't seem to be getting worst but also doesn't seem to be getting smaller. I assume I would have to talk to the vets about other options now, but in the mean time is there anything I can do to help with the one on her face.

Also recently just found a smallish lump on my other girl gizma as well, which I presume is going to be the same thing has what shadow has.

Please see pics attached.

Jaana

Attachments

• IMG_20210827_192652.jpg
    IMG_20210827_192652.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_20210827_192613.jpg
    IMG_20210827_192613.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 86
That facial sore looks a bit scary. Could be tooth root related, cancer or an abscess. Have you checked her front incisors?
Well I took her to the vets about 3 weeks ago, so would assume that her teeth would off Been checked then. The vet did pop the lump on her face and did go down but came back again.

That facial sore looks a bit scary. Could be tooth root related, cancer or an abscess. Have you checked her front incisors?
Hi lilspaz,

Just after some advice.
My girl has gotten worst since this photo, her lump in her groin area has gotten much bigger. She was on metacam for about a month to see if it was due to inflammation, but didn't help. Seems like my only option now is to have it surgically removed, but it's quite expensive here in the UK and don't have the funds for it. Is there anything else I could possibly do? She is over 2 years old now, seems to be eating, drinking and looks fine in herself, so feel she isn't ready just yet to be put to sleep :(

Back