Help - rat with mystery illness

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's tough when we lose a little fur baby. They have us wrapped around their littke tails, but sometimes they love us just as much as we love them. It's really difficult when you find yourself calling their name (as I did for brother for almost 2 weeks) then you realize they won't be coming. I like to think I have all my babies hopping happily behind me and waiting for me to greet them when it's my turn. So sorry for your loss. It will get easier.

Your rats knew she wasn't well long before you so they may have already grieved. Some rats will examine the body, others will groom, tug at or curl up beside but a lot just step on the body. It's all pretty normal. I'm very sorry about your first loss. :(

She's gone. She took a turn for the worse yesterday evening and looked completely miserable.. I was hoping she would go in her sleep, but when I saw that she was still alive this morning I called a vet to visit and we had her pts at home. I just really didn't think it would be this soon.. Next week or in a few days even, but it was so sudden.. I don't know, she's just gone now and I don't know what to do
I'm so very sorry for your loss... :(❤️ I just read through your thread and I'm so sorry. You did everything you could have possibly done for her. PAs are devastating and I'm so sorry that you and your sweet girl had to go through this. ❤️

Back