Help me please!! Emergency!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ratboy

My young rat has bumblefoot and he's about 4-5 weeks old I got him from a feeder bin and was wondering if blue kote is safe for a rat that young? Please help!

Are you sure it's not broken or sprained? I may be wrong, but he is awful young for bumble foot. I'd start with metacam, or infant ibuprofen first. Try to get swelling down. Then re-evaluate it in a couple of days. Which foot is it? Do you know his approximate weight? You can message lilspaz, and she can help with dosing.

Are you sure it's not broken or sprained? I may be wrong, but he is awful young for bumble foot. I'd start with metacam, or infant ibuprofen first. Try to get swelling down. Then re-evaluate it in a couple of days. Which foot is it? Do you know his approximate weight? You can message lilspaz, and she can help with dosing.
See that's what I was thinking it could be sprained or something and how do I message her so I can get the right dosing for the medicine cause I'm new to this site :)

My young rat has bumblefoot and he's about 4-5 weeks old I got him from a feeder bin and was wondering if blue kote is safe for a rat that young? Please help!
I have to say off the bat, do NOT use blue-kote on a rat regardless of what's wrong, that stuff stings BAD and seals off the wound and will trap any bacteria inside causing bad infections. If possible try getting a photo to show us so we can help you figure it out.

I have to say off the bat, do NOT use blue-kote on a rat regardless of what's wrong, that stuff stings BAD and seals off the wound and will trap any bacteria inside causing bad infections. If possible try getting a photo to show us so we can help you figure it out.
Well already figured it out thanks tho.

Bumblefoot in young rats is incredibly uncommon. It's usually old rats, overweight ones, or rats that may have been in a bad situation and the bacteria was introduced through a wound and the conditions. Can you post a pic of his foot?

Bumblefoot in young rats is incredibly uncommon. It's usually old rats, overweight ones, or rats that may have been in a bad situation and the bacteria was introduced through a wound and the conditions. Can you post a pic of his foot?

I glad this reached you cause actually I was trying to find you because someone directed me to you so I was curious what is the safest medicine to give to a 4-5 week old rat that has an upper respiratory infection and I got the foot thing figured out thanks

It really depends on how sick the baby is? There are pediatric friendly antibiotics for mild cases and then there's the antibiotics you give to cure and save a baby's life. Was it a sprain? Was the leg really swollen?

It really depends on how sick the baby is? There are pediatric friendly antibiotics for mild cases and then there's the antibiotics you give to cure and save a baby's life. Was it a sprain? Was the leg really swollen?
What are some antibiotics that are safe for this young baby and it wasn't sprained either and it's fine he just had something stuck to the bottom of his foot and that made him walk weird but I cleaned off his foot so everything is good now about his foot my main focus is his upper respiratory infection and would like to know what antibiotics are safe for my little guy

Back