Help ! Doxy/zithro/baytril combo not working

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaz

Hi guys ,

first time posting here.

Mrs Brown has constant uri issues now . She’s around 27months of age .

doxy and baytril no longer work for her , last time zithro/doxy worked but it’s not working this time ( been on it around 4 weeks ) She is completely fine within herself . Eating well and energetic , even our vet says she can’t believe how well she looks . she said she could hear a slight upper wheeze but sounds pretty good otherwise , she just makes the honking noises when excited or active

we trialled frusemide but I’m not really sure it helped , the first 24/48 hours were no better but the forth day in she made less noise although I’m not sure if this was just a coincidence .

I also have a nebusliser/ saline and f10 but bit dubious about this .

I have now tried baytril/ zithro / doxy combo for a week and there doesn’t seem to be much improvement . I know steroids is maybe the next step ? Just don’t understand how she seems to improve for a few days then goes backwards !

is there any other antibiotics people have had great success with on really stubborn uris ( if this is what it is )

Last edited:
Back