Help! Baby’s leg is hurt!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I

Isaiaah Triplett

Hello. I am in really need of answers. My fancy rat gave birth to 11 babies last night. 1 baby sadly was a still born. The other ten are completely healthy except for one. As I was doing the first milk check, I noticed one kittens leg was hurt. I looked closer and it was terrible. It looks disfigured and purple. I’m afraid it made be broken or deformed. I have no idea what to do. Someone please help me. I included the heartbreaking picture. I know it may die but fellow rat owners are my only chance.

Attachments

• E44ECC42-A674-438A-896E-667EFB94B5B7.jpeg
    E44ECC42-A674-438A-896E-667EFB94B5B7.jpeg
    142 KB · Views: 165
Hello. I am in really need of answers. My fancy rat gave birth to 11 babies last night. 1 baby sadly was a still born. The other ten are completely healthy except for one. As I was doing the first milk check, I noticed one kittens leg was hurt. I looked closer and it was terrible. It looks disfigured and purple. I’m afraid it made be broken or deformed. I have no idea what to do. Someone please help me. I included the heartbreaking picture. I know it may die but fellow rat owners are my only chance.

Hey there! I know this is an old post, I'm having a similar issue. What ended up happening to this one?

That does look like a badly broken leg. There's very little you can do for a newborn sadly. Watch and wait at this point. Is the foot cold or warm? Cold means no blood supply, warm means blood supply which is good.

Hey there! I know this is an old post, I'm having a similar issue. What ended up happening to this one?
Hey, sorry I haven’t replied. The rat is doing just fine, she is healthy and happy.

So did her leg heal OK? Also, just for future reference, baby rats are called pups. ;)

Do you still have all the babies?

Back