Help! Baby’s leg is hurt!

Help Support Rat Shack Forum:

Isaiaah Triplett

Hello. I am in really need of answers. My fancy rat gave birth to 11 babies last night. 1 baby sadly was a still born. The other ten are completely healthy except for one. As I was doing the first milk check, I noticed one kittens leg was hurt. I looked closer and it was terrible. It looks disfigured and purple. I’m afraid it made be broken or deformed. I have no idea what to do. Someone please help me. I included the heartbreaking picture. I know it may die but fellow rat owners are my only chance.

Attachments

Kay O.

Hello. I am in really need of answers. My fancy rat gave birth to 11 babies last night. 1 baby sadly was a still born. The other ten are completely healthy except for one. As I was doing the first milk check, I noticed one kittens leg was hurt. I looked closer and it was terrible. It looks disfigured and purple. I’m afraid it made be broken or deformed. I have no idea what to do. Someone please help me. I included the heartbreaking picture. I know it may die but fellow rat owners are my only chance.
Hey there! I know this is an old post, I'm having a similar issue. What ended up happening to this one?

ViciousCurse

Judging from the picture, I would suspect that (if the baby survived) the leg eventually died. Black tissue like this is a sign of necrosis.

lilspaz68

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
That does look like a badly broken leg. There's very little you can do for a newborn sadly. Watch and wait at this point. Is the foot cold or warm? Cold means no blood supply, warm means blood supply which is good.

Dena

So did her leg heal OK? Also, just for future reference, baby rats are called pups. ;)

Do you still have all the babies?

Latest posts