Help! Are my rats sick?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Adina Beck

I got my rats about 4 days ago and right from the start I noticed sneezing. Upon researching I realized that it was fairly normal, but also to be wary of respiratory disease. They haven’t changed behavior and still seem energetic, but have started making noises like this very periodically throughout the day. I can’t tell if its serious or nothing to worry about. I would really appreciate if someone knowledgeable could tell me how concerned I should be based on this video.

Hmmm that sneeze sounds a bit congested for a new home sneeze where a rat acclimmates their sensitive respiratory system to a new home. These are usually short, sharp and dry sounding. If it starts to sound "wet" you might have a respiratory infection brewing and will need vet/antibiotics.

Hmmm that sneeze sounds a bit congested for a new home sneeze where a rat acclimmates their sensitive respiratory system to a new home. These are usually short, sharp and dry sounding. If it starts to sound "wet" you might have a respiratory infection brewing and will need vet/antibiotics.
Thanks for the reply! Since I posted this I made a vet appointment for Friday to get them checked out.

Back