Hello

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weaselsue

I am here to learn from all of you! I have two little girls that are sisters. They were classroom pets, but as covid shut things down, there was no one to take care of them and we adopted them. I suspect they were bred and sold as feeders. Both are albino, and one is blind. We spent a lot of time during the shut down when we were not working playing with them and letting them get to know us. They are the sweetest things to us, but don’t like other people.

Thank you! I’m not sure. I got them from a rescue in April. They had been in at least two different foster homes, since the foster group doesn’t normally do rats they had trouble finding a good match for them. Before they they were classroom pets. A lot of schools had to rehouse classroom pets as corona started to shut things down, and I think that’s what happened to these girls.

I saw their pics in your other post...so cute! They look like young adult to adult in shape. I didn't see any cataracts or eye issues from the pics so they might just have poor vision like PEW (pinkeyed whites) often do :) Lots of swaying to help focus etc.

One seems to see ok, but I’m guessing the other can really only make out light and dark. She does do that swaying thing all the time, and makes an effort to stay in shadows. But she has also run into furniture when she was playing a game of “steal our snacks”.

Back