Hello!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MotherOfVenus

Hi my name is Tammy and my husband our daughter and I have three beautiful baby boys. Astro, Tommy and Ice. Astro and Tommy are both brown rats and Ice is albino. They are such sweet boys. They love to sit on my shoulders in my hair and they like to nip and lick my ears, neck and hair. My daughter Venus makes them a little nervous though because she is constantly talking and moving around (she's 7) but she loves to hold them and cuddle with them. I checked out a bunch of information about pet rats online when we first got them and this was one of the sites that gave a lot of information on Google. I just wanted to introduce us.

Welcome Tammy, Venus, Astro, Tommy & Ice!
Have you had the boys long? I expect they'll get used to Venus' exuberance and find it fun rather than intimidating...

Welcome Tammy, Venus, Astro, Tommy & Ice!
Have you had the boys long? I expect they'll get used to Venus' exuberance and find it fun rather than intimidating...

I have only had all three for about a month. I have had Tommy for almost two months now and he is more used to Venus and her excited behavior, but Astro seems to be more suited to her excitement. Tommy still flinches a little when she talks excitedly. Ice is very calm and slow to explore while Astro is my little escape artist.

Welcome to the forum! I think it's great that you're introducing your daughter to the rats and teaching her how to handle them.

Venus gets upset with other people who react badly when they hear she has pet rats. She told her teacher they were smarter than out dogs and cleaner than you might think. She told her aunt Stephanie that rats were better then hamsters and her grandpa that they were super sweet. I am very proud of my girl and I am happy to say we have three rats in our family. Also, our dog Gidget wants to baby them so bad she whines when they're out.

Back