hello im kevin and my rat is splinter

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kev~o~rat

hello im new here im looking for 2 young rats to adopt im sad that the one i just adopted is sick and cant be helped he was pushed on me by a petstore clerk

im 99 percent positive they will they have before...when i was taking him home she gave me this sad story that she has 2 of her own and she wanted him but she pushed him on us and said i cant wait till you bring him back for a visit i feel like i got suckered in to this and i want more than life it self to help fix him and i just dont have the money

Kev,

You might want to do a lot of research before adopting those 2 other rats. Rats often get sick, and need the vet. You HAVE to have a vet fund saved up, and a way to get to the vet.

Rats look like a wonderful cheap pet, but they aren't. They can be rather expensive, from the cage, bedding, toys, treats etc...then you have the vet costs, including usually a euthanasia fee because rats are prone to linger and suffer and sometimes we need to help them out of their pain.

You would also need to find a vet that will care for your rats, since they are considered exotics. Most dog/cat vets won't touch them. :(

Hang out here and read the posts and you can learn before you decide to get new rats.

Welcome to the RS!!!

thanks for everybody's concern me and my girlfriend has decided that we are going to be the better person in this situation and give splinter the best comfort and heath care possible when money is right and we found a vet in lakeharbon in jonesboro georgia

What is wrong with Splinter? There's a lot of good advice here, can't replace a vet, but can help with when to see a vet or how to make a kid comfy when that's all there is left to do for them.
I'm so sorry for Splinter that he is not well. And that your intro to rat responsibilities was not a happier one.

he has a growth on his right side it has been removed twice but keeps coming back though its not fatal but it is a little unsightly but we love him with all of our hearts

We love critters that have battle-scars. It just makes them more special and memorable! :love7:
HCongratulationsMouse.gif
to all 3 of you for finding each other!

Wow he is a little cutie.

If it's an abcess can Splinter be on meds? Baytril would help clear it and you could maybe do compresses with lukewarm water, a couple of times a day. That would help a lot.

Back