Hello all

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I heard about this forum through a yahoo group. I have many little friends in my home. Six beautiful little ratties, 4 girls- Tsetse(pew), Franki (smooth coat charcoal hooded), Bonnie (Charcoal hooded rex) and Peaches (charcoal berk patchwork) and 2 boys- Stuart (charcoal berk rex) and George (smooth berk - not sure how to describe his colour - kind of brown with a silver/grey overlay). I also have rabbits (one of my own- Rosie and two fosters- Ludo and Det), a mouse (Trubber),a hamster (Kiki) and three degus (also fosters - Cheetah and Tia and a baby who so far has no name). Oh ya, I also have two dogs (Bently and Lincoln) and three cats (Ethan, Gordon and Luke). I am a busy woman :lol: All but my dogs are rescues. Some will stay with me till "death do us part" and others are just here until they find their perfect forever home. As you can tell, I have a soft spot for animals. I like to do what I can to educate others by being very open about my clan ... no matter where I am (pet stores are my favourite "preaching" ground, lol). I am a teacher by trade but at the moment am having a hard time finding the right job (heck any job, lol) for me.
If I ever figure out how to post pictures :?: , I will definitely post some of the babes:eek:) :)
Nice to meet all of you :D

Thanks Melissa.
I am going to wait until my hubby gets home. He is a computer wizz. Hopefully he can help me with the posting of pics ... if he has the patience to work with me (I am pretty "duh" when it comes to the computer, :lol: )

Welcome!! Good to see you here... and so many lovely babies too. I sure do hope you figure out how to post pics, cause we loooove pics. :D

Welcome to Rat Shack...if you cannot figure out the posting of pics I can help you. I might even have a Word document around here explaining it all in "I am computer duh" form. :wink2:

We all would love to see all your wonderful babies. :mrgreen:

Welcome. Im a newbie here myself, but I know some of the wonderful members from other places. They are a marvelous bunch and will be very helpful.

Sounds like you have an interesting group of furkids...awesome :toothy2:

Okay lilspaz68 I need the instructions for posting pics. I am too impatient to wait for my hubby to help me. If you have the word document can you please send it to me or post it on here somewhere. Thank you so much.

And, thanks to all for the warm welcomes :D

Well let's see if I have this picutre thing figured out. Lilspaz ahs been trying to help me.

My son with his favourite ratty, Tsetse.
DSC02840.jpg

My son and Tsetse again. By the way, my son named Tsetse. We have no idea where the name came from. :?
DSC02836.jpg

This is Stephen, my very first rat.
stephen.jpg

This is Anu (hungarian for mother). We just lost her a month ago. She was a beautiful little girl who I rescued from very neglectful former breeder.
Anu-Jan07.jpg

This is George. He came from the same home as Anu.
GeorgeJan07.jpg

This is Franki. She is one of the twins. I have two hooded girls. The only diferences between them are their fur texture (Franki is a little frazzled - rex and Bonnie is smooth) and Bonnie has a spot on her tummy.
DSC00065.jpg

Tsetse in the flowers.
DSC00058.jpg

This is Stuart. He came from the same place as George and Anu. He was missing an eye when I rescued him. You can't see it in the picutre though.
Stuart-jan07.jpg

This is Peaches. She is a patchwork (from what I have been told). She is missing part of her tail. Poor Peaches came from the same "I think that I can make a little cash on the side" breeder that Anu and George and Stuart came from. I have no idea what that twit was thinking. The poor kids were in little hamster cages when I brought them home. They are much happier now. Peach is still a little hand shy but she is a sweet-heart.
Peaches-Jan07.jpg

Franki and Peaches.
BonnieFranky-Jan07.jpg

Well, those are some of the clan. I will post the other animals in the "non-ratty" section when I get the chance.

Thanks for lookin' :D

You've got some gorgeous rats there... and lets not forget those adorable boys of yours!!

Tsetse... isn't that a fly? I love that name!

Your camera takes amazing pics, I especially love the one of Tsetse outside.

Back