Hello again!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WillowBean

Hi everyone!
I was a member quite a while back and so much has happened since then! We ended up keeping all 14 of the Brennlets and brought them with us when we moved for my hubby’s college. It was amazing and so hard raising them from birth and seeing them through to the end. We were blessed to have the ability to do so. When the last Brennlet was gone, we felt the emptiness and adopted a gorgeous hairless boy, Reggie, and doted on him as an only-rat!
Asa and I got married in 2012 and Reggie passed that year as well and we took down his cage and agreed to take a break as our hearts couldn’t take the heartbreak any more.
We had our first baby in 2013 and knew it would be a while before we would have rats again so we could keep everyone, rodent and human, safe. Second bub came in 2015 and we are done!
Since our youngest is 3.5 years old, we are finally ready to open our home again and have purchased a Critter Nation (remember the days of hardwire mesh in a Ferret Nation?! So glad they listened and built these amazing cages for our pocket pets!!)
We are currently trying to decide between adopting from a rescue (they are about 6 hours away from us) or buying from a local breeder who has silvermane velveteen dumbo babies. But will be bringing babies home soon!
I absolutely cannot wait to reconnect with you guys! I have missed you!

Welcome back :)

I hope that you will get rats from a rescue, a shelter or rats being rehomed on Kijiji, craigs list, etc
(as you know this forum does not support breeders and promotes the adoption of rats in need.)

Our reference section disappeared, however, you will find some info here Some info that may be useful: https://www.ratshackforum.com/threads/reference-thread-read-only.35894/

Last edited:
Hi, I remember you. It's so nice to see you introducing your children to ratties - Welcome back to rattie-love!

Back