Hello again!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zambay28

Hi there! I'm happy to see The Rat Shack to still be going! I see some familiar names still posting to this day, makes my heart happy. My name's Seb. I used to be mia9_28 on this forum, some may remember me. I decided to create a new account since I've been living as male for 2 years now, so my old account is not a good representation of me (although I cherish every memory of my past rats). I haven't been active in a while now but still occasionally lurk, mostly when I need to look up medication doses :p

I thought I'd reintroduce myself, get reacquainted! Curious if this forum is still rescue based?

I currently own four rats. Two aging boys called Emmett and Mikey (approx 2.5 y/o and 2 y/o). And two new boys called Vinny and Elliot recently adopted from the SPCA. They estimated their age to be around 1 y/o. No pictures of them yet as they are still getting used to being handled, and currently treating the URI they came with.

Here's Emmett
t0iuu0.jpg

Here's Mikey
24626h2.jpg

Also this blurry shot in memory of the non-blurry fatty in the back who I said goodbye to recently <3 Gus Gus <3
29ni7n7.jpg

Will get more pictures and do a photoshoot with the new boys if you guys would like :) I haven't had anybody to share rat pics with in a while so rarely take any these days!

Last edited:
Hi!!! So nice to see you again! And lovely that you still have rats too. They are super adorable. And yes, we do advocate for rescue but of course we will help and support everyone!

hi and welcome back! I remember you!

yes as far as I know, we are still rescue based ;)

you've got some adorable boys there!
so sorry to learn of your loss of Gus Gus, handsome guy

Hi!!! So nice to see you again! And lovely that you still have rats too. They are super adorable. And yes, we do advocate for rescue but of course we will help and support everyone!

Thank you! Can't seem to get rid of the little vermins haha. Every time they age, I end up adopting a younger pair so the surviving rat is not alone. Quite the cycle I've got going! But I love them all ♡

hi and welcome back! I remember you!

yes as far as I know, we are still rescue based ;)

you've got some adorable boys there!
so sorry to learn of your loss of Gus Gus, handsome guy

Thank you, means a lot, he was such a ham. Glad to see you still active. You've always all been such help for newcomers. Lots of appreciation for all you long-time rat advocates!

Did a 5 min photoshoot with the new boys, most ended up blurry as always, oh well :p was excited to introduce them!

Elliot
qqu4hy.jpg

ae5yrs.jpg

Vinny
2yjvtds.jpg

122zoqu.jpg

Hi Seb!!
Welcome back.
Of course I remember you :)
Nice pics and very sweet ratties

Yes, this forum is still rescue based ...... ownership changed and the forum has gone through some changes but the posted rules are the same, our two favorite admins are the same, and still some older members and a growing number of new friends too :D

Back