Hazel's Self Manicure

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LA

So the day we moved I was sitting on the floor talking to the girls as they seemed very stressed out. As I was talking to Hazel I noticed ALL of her nails were dull, short but not broken. They looked very well taken care of. I looked at Ruby and Lily's nails and they were longish and sharpish. So now I figure that somehow Hazel manicures her own nails. She has to, there is no other way I can think that would do that to her nails. I also don't see her doing this at all. It must be a night time thing.

A rat who does her own manicures?!?! and why can't she teach the other two about this!!!

I find Hazel is the most eager to learn 'human' things, maybe to please her people. Then Ruby is next in line for that. But Lily I find is very happy being a rat and doing rat things.

Defiantely, I must say though, you don't start really seeing them until they are older. I see more now then I did when they are babies. But I guess it's like all beings.

Flitt did this!! The girlie in my avatar... I was stumped at first. But do you know when they always chew their toes a bit straight after scratching, possibly cleaning them? Well I watched flitt doing this, and she was taking ages chewing them, and then she'd go PFFTTT and spit out bits of nail!! They were always lovely and rounded and blunt!

jorats Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:41 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's so wonderful to find each unique character isn't it?

I was going to start a post about traits you think only one or two of your rats do... as flitt was my nail biter and treacle used to wag her tail, like properly WAG WAG flipping from one side to the other and pointing straight up in between... she did this manicly when I scritched her shoulder blades!

Hehe cute x

My new girls are keeping their nails short like that. How I wish my old girl Penn would pick it up, though! I've noticed the babies' nails aren't quite as dull as when they first came down, so I have a sneaking suspicion I'll eventually have to teach them about nail trimmings. So not fun.

Back