Hazel squeaking and checking her tail suddenly

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cashewandhazel

I was sitting, cuddling hazel, she walked away and suddenly started squeaking and checking her tail. she hadn't caught it on anything, nothing happened. it came out of nowhere. I wanted to help but any time I would get close to her she would get even more scared so I left her alone, she stopped after a while, I left her to do whatever she needed to do. 5 mins later I picked her up to check what was wrong, she didn't squeak, so I just sat with her, a couple of seconds later she does it again. right now I'm leaving her alone, I've let her sniff me anytime I come close, but she looks so scared Idk what to do. should I go to the vet? I'm really worried about her.

in this case she may have tweaked her back and the nerve running down her spine travels down her tail. The nerve zings and she will lick her tail thinking that's where the pain is. IF it continues you can try to give her infant liquid ibuprofen for pain and the inflammation. She should feel better soon.

Back