• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Rat Shack and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Happy Rat Hammocks-CLOSED

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
all of these body pillows are sold

13946002050_870d6e59a6_o.jpg

13946013618_847cd28631_o.jpg

7061588689_a5beb0e2f5_m.jpg

Last edited:
hi
yes but on a much smaller scale

I had hoped to have more done but life has had other plans for me lately LOL

these just need grommets

what are you looking for in particular?

offset bunk bed, burrow, 2 flats.jpg

Oh my goodness, we're all over the place tonight. lol I would take this group of hammocks maybe, but I'm not really interested in the flat ones. How much for each or all together?
I'm looking for cubes, bunk beds, tunnels... anything my naked boys can hide in. :) They ARE naked and kind of shy so I think it best. lol

Oh my goodness, we're all over the place tonight. lol I would take this group of hammocks maybe, but I'm not really interested in the flat ones. How much for each or all together?
I'm looking for cubes, bunk beds, tunnels... anything my naked boys can hide in. :) They ARE naked and kind of shy so I think it best. lol

hahaha, yeh sometimes things get scattered about.

do your naked boys like pocket hammocks? I can make those as well as tubes/tunnels and bunk beds for very competitive prices~
However for cubes or "cube like" hammocks, because they now take me a lot longer to make (due to a minor physical issue) I do charge more in line with other hammock makers, so for example, a hammock like this in all fleece (this one is cotton and fleece) is $18

578261_286362638111283_278604107_n.jpg

the prices of the hammocks in this photo:
http://www.ratshackforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3123&stc=1&d=1433820130

the offset bunk bed is $9, and the burrow hammock is $7. Also not shown is a regular bunk bed, not sure why that didn't make it into the photos, it's $10

I have more of that fabric, what else would you like?

Tentative price list- regular bunk beds are $10, offset bunk beds are $9, pocket hammocks (two styles) are $7, triple bunk beds are $15 and um, tubes, I don't know, in the $6 to $8 range depending on how long you want them, ;-)
I make a few other designs but they don't have a name yet lol

I'll see if I can find photos of the two different pocket hammock styles -or I'll just make one on each so you can see lol

Last edited:
I have no idea what they'll like! They've never had hammocks before, only the flat one I made (it's just a piece of fleece cut into a square haha) But I just think they will like ones to hide in because they hide out in their hut a lot. I'd love the offset bunk bed and the burrow hammock. Maybe I'll take one of the flats just to go with them. Lol

I have no idea what they'll like! They've never had hammocks before, only the flat one I made (it's just a piece of fleece cut into a square haha) But I just think they will like ones to hide in because they hide out in their hut a lot. I'd love the offset bunk bed and the burrow hammock. Maybe I'll take one of the flats just to go with them. Lol

OK I guess you're gonna have to ask them what they like!
OK since you mentioned not really wanting flats I gave the two I had to my guys sorry lol

but I forgot I also made a regular bunk bed, here's a photo of that, and I do have enough of that fabric left to make a pocket hammock or tube (probably not both) if you'd like, just let me know

I can't give you a shipping quote til after everything is packaged cuz it goes by weight

019.jpg

Hey Petunia, I can't message you back because I'm over my message limit. I've deleted a bunch of old ones in an attempt to reply but I think I'm over it by hundreds somehow. Hahaha. Anyway, I'd love the burrow hammock, offset bunk bed, and a pocket hammock would be great! Thanks. :)

Hey Petunia, I can't message you back because I'm over my message limit. I've deleted a bunch of old ones in an attempt to reply but I think I'm over it by hundreds somehow. Hahaha. Anyway, I'd love the burrow hammock, offset bunk bed, and a pocket hammock would be great! Thanks. :)

OK pocket hammock is done, and I weighed everything and got the postage estimate
the total is $36USD shipping ($13.20) included, this is for the burrow hammock, the offset bunk bed, the regular bunk bed and the pocket hammock.

My paypal address is 56ALTHEA @ gmail.com (remove spaces)

there's still a bit of this fleece left if you want anything else, if not I think I'll make my guys another hammock, it's a really bright print and livens up the cage!! ;-)
Wish I'd gotten like 5 yds of it when it was on sale lol

It is a very cute fabric :) but just those would be great! I'll send you the money tonight or tomorrow so you can send them soon. :) I'm so excited cause their cage is so bare right now!

OK this is weird, I got a PM from you that showed up in my inbox in my gmail, but on the rat shack, it does not exist LOL
It may have been lost when the forum was switching servers (see note from the admin)

anyway to answer your question about paypal if you could click on send payment, and choose the friends/family option to avoid a fee, that should work out fine
I will need your full name and address, you can email that to me at
56ALTHEA @ gmail.com
OK?

I can walk you thru the paypal process if you need more help as well. You do need to change the currency to USD from CAD
other than that, it's pretty straight forward but let me know if you get hung up any where along the way

From now on, when I post hammocks for sale, besides the sale price I'll be adding the wt in ounces for each hammock.
Using the shipping rates here, and/or going to USPS shipping calculator, you'll easily be able to see what the shipping will be before you place your order.
However, if the total is a bit more than what you were hoping to spend, don't despair, I do offer quantity discounts for sales of 3 hammocks or more and a special discount if all the hammocks are part of a matching or coordinating set! just PM me for more info. ;-)
I also offer special discounts for hammocks shipped to rescues. :D

US shipping rates for First Class pkgs
1-3 oz $2.54
4 oz $2.74
5 oz $2.94
6 oz $3.14
7 oz $3.34
8 oz $3.54
9 oz $3.74
10 oz $3.94
11 oz $4.14
12 oz $4.34
13 oz 4.54
OVER 13oz must ship Priority mail which starts at $5.75 and goes up to $7.15 depending on your distance from my zip code (which is 03102)

You can use the USPS shipping calculator to find out what shipping is for your zip code, as well as to check on International shipping: http://postcalc.usps.com/

I ship via First Class to Canada for any pkg up to 4lbs, which starts at $8.25 for a 3 oz pkg and goes as high as $29.15 for a 4lb pkg. However *most* hammock pkgs are under 2lbs and cost between $13 to $18 to ship.

ASK ABOUT MY QUANTITY DISCOUNTS~ the more you buy, the more you save! =)
:holysheep::happydance::cool2:

I do not charge for mailing supplies (poly mailers, tape, labels, etc) :mouse1np1:
Payment in USD please.
at this time I can only accept paypal or USPS money orders

Last edited:
got some new NEW HAMMOCKS!! also taking a limited number of custom orders, see details below.

all of my stuff (I also sell catnip toys and a few other things) are listed on my FaceBook page/group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/371636476335178/
Feel free to join, I am working on putting up a page where you don't need to join to see it, but I need to read more about those.

With two older boys on daily meds, my own "Happy Rats" vet fund has been depleted; time to build it back up! watch it grow from week to week.
I'm doing visuals for most of my goals these days, they really seem to help me

here's the one for the vet fund:

006_2.jpg

Last edited:
From now on, when I post hammocks for sale, besides the sale price I'll be adding the wt in ounces for each hammock.
Using the shipping rates here, and/or going to USPS shipping calculator, you'll easily be able to see what the shipping will be before you place your order.
However, if the total is a bit more than what you were hoping to spend, don't despair, I do offer quantity discounts for sales of 3 hammocks or more and a special discount if all the hammocks are part of a matching or coordinating set! just PM me for more info. ;-)
I also offer special discounts for hammocks shipped to rescues. :D

US shipping rates for First Class pkgs
1-3 oz $2.54
4 oz $2.74
5 oz $2.94
6 oz $3.14
7 oz $3.34
8 oz $3.54
9 oz $3.74
10 oz $3.94
11 oz $4.14
12 oz $4.34
13 oz 4.54
OVER 13oz must ship Priority mail which starts at $5.75 and goes up to $7.15 depending on your distance from my zip code (which is 03102)

You can use the USPS shipping calculator to find out what shipping is for your zip code, as well as to check on International shipping: http://postcalc.usps.com/

I ship via First Class to Canada for any pkg up to 4lbs, which starts at $8.25 for a 3 oz pkg and goes as high as $29.15 for a 4lb pkg. However *most* hammock pkgs are under 2lbs and cost between $13 to $18 to ship.

ASK ABOUT MY QUANTITY DISCOUNTS~ the more you buy, the more you save! =)
:holysheep::happydance::cool2:

I do not charge for mailing supplies (poly mailers, tape, labels, etc) :mouse1np1:
Payment in USD please.
at this time I can only accept paypal or USPS money orders

NEW"HAMMIES" :hello::
Todays selection is mostly larger hammocks sized for Critter/Ferret Nation or other large cages or for large colonies of rats, plus Some medium sized hammocks & Check out the itsy bitsy ones!! too flippin cute. Now taking custom orders on certain styles and fabrics. You can custom order additional hammocks in the cherry print or the frog print or the lady bug print (there's no more flame print fleece) All custom orders must be paid in advance, turn around time under 2 weeks as of today 6/23 but this may change, I'll let you know. Discounts apply on orders of 3 or more hammocks in the same print, PM me for details. Sorry no holds,post your email address under the hammock(s) you want and I'll get back to you with a total. If not paid in 24 hrs, order will be cancelled and I'll go to the next person in line. My hammocks tend to sell out quickly.

008_2.jpg

cotton and fleece rectangular prism has four round openings/exits, one on each side. An all-time rattie favorite. More ready-made exits means fewer holes chewed!

010_1.jpg

cotton and tie dyed fleece
012_1.jpg

Who knew mice and hamsters liked hammocks? not me, but when a friend requested one for her beloved hamster, I said sure, I'll give a go. Her hamster loves it! another freind requested a triple bunk for her mouse and guess what? she needed a couple more because her mouse *lives* in that hammock! so now we know! this would probably be a good size for an african soft furred rat as well. I do take custom orders for these.

018_1.jpg

Cherries tunnel flat,cotton and fleece. Can be hung with tunnel on top or underneath, works both ways.

022_1.jpg

Frogs flannel and fleece hammocks, I adore this print!! pairing it with the tie dyed green and some matching blue just makes the colors pop. there's more of this print if anyone wants a custom hammock

041.jpg

040.jpg

Premium anti pill fleece Flames print hammocks more in next post
027_1.jpg

Last edited:
there's a limit to how many photos you can post, so hopefully this is the rest of the Flames hammocks, made with a premium anti pill fleece, I love the way these came out.
they look, um, toasty warm LOL good for the naked ratties or so I hear (never had a hairless myself)

035_1.jpg

033_1.jpg

029_1.jpg

025_1.jpg

026_1.jpg

Last edited:
Back