• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Rat Shack and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Happy Rat Hammocks-CLOSED

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, sent it and alittle extra use as you like

oh I was wondering :scratch: what that was for, thank you!

and another BIG THANK YOU TO dpsch911 for helping with the postage for the rescue ratties hammies!!

yourock.gif

Got my hammocks today - they are awesome and big!! Cannot decide who is going to get them! You even sent me an extra one that was so nice of you - I made my boys one similar to that, but it didn't have the side opening and definitely wasn't sewn as nice! Thanks for the thank you - I'm surprised I didn't get it anyway - we get everyone's mail from everywhere.... its ridiculous the mail service here is just terrible!! :thankyou::thankyou::thankyou:

Got my hammocks today - they are awesome and big!! Cannot decide who is going to get them! You even sent me an extra one that was so nice of you - I made my boys one similar to that, but it didn't have the side opening and definitely wasn't sewn as nice! Thanks for the thank you - I'm surprised I didn't get it anyway - we get everyone's mail from everywhere.... its ridiculous the mail service here is just terrible!! :thankyou::thankyou::thankyou:

glad everything arrived ok. (finally, for that card LOL)

do you think the triple bunk bed is *too* big? I've been using the sizes listed on one of the tutorials but I think I should probably make a smaller size, since I think the big ones will only fit in a CN or FN cage.
I always have big (fat :/) rats so I tend to make most hammocks on the large size

AHHHH, I got my package too! Sorry, been preoccupied with new pregnant hamster fosters (and hiding them from the hubby). Thank you for the thank you!!! The kiddos are going to be thrilled when I clean their cage this weekend.

do you think the triple bunk bed is *too* big? I've been using the sizes listed on one of the tutorials but I think I should probably make a smaller size, since I think the big ones will only fit in a CN or FN cage.
I always have big (fat :/) rats so I tend to make most hammocks on the large size

Not a bad thing to make them larger. I have witnessed phatty phantom trying to make himself fit into a hammock that was made with smaller openings.....not a pretty sight. All butt hanging out. :):treadmill:

Not a bad thing to make them larger. I have witnessed phatty phantom trying to make himself fit into a hammock that was made with smaller openings.....not a pretty sight. All butt hanging out. :):treadmill:

:laugh2:
it always seems to be the biggest rats trying to get into the tightest spots :rofl2:

well Peggy most of the hammocks coming your way are XL size!
there are a few, maybe 3? small ones for the babies. (or maybe hamsters?)

oh crap,I forgot to get photos! :darn:
I think it ended up being about 20 hammies in all...

anyway thanks to donations from EDK and rhapsody and dspch911, I stuffed as many into a large poly mailer as I could!

Next up is a pkg for lilspaz's rescue and hospice ratties. Just waiting on the grommets now!!

Last edited:

The triple bunk bed when hanging reminds me of a large diaper - don't know why, its big so I gave it to the six pack of destruction and they LOVE it! Peanut by BIG BIG boy got stuck in the bottom level! We had to help him get out, but he's gotten stuck in things before. So far they are not destroying it!! :bliss:

AHHHH, I got my package too! Sorry, been preoccupied with new pregnant hamster fosters (and hiding them from the hubby). Thank you for the thank you!!! The kiddos are going to be thrilled when I clean their cage this weekend.

you're welcome. ;-)
tee hee, has the hubby noticed the hamster fosters yet? at least hamsters are pretty quiet, aren't they?

you're welcome. ;-)
tee hee, has the hubby noticed the hamster fosters yet? at least hamsters are pretty quiet, aren't they?
LOL, its been a week and he hasn't noticed yet. Although a lot of it is due to my little brother visiting and helping me run interference. Oh, and I think one gave birth this morning!

I made up this set with a super soft anti pill fleece and I keep wishing I could blow it up to my size and sleep in it myself. The fabric is so soft and the bunnies are so cute LOL
it also looks a lot better in real life than in the photo. I spent a good hour trying to get decent photos this morning but the sun was in and out, and, I don't know, I'm just not having much luck getting good photos of anything lately :pffft:

but, Back to the Bunny hammies :bunnydance:
This 8 pc set with bonus sleep n play pillow is just $35 plus shipping
*11 by 11 top, 14 by 14 bottom fleece bunk bed

*triangular free standing TeePee with removable, reversible pillow/pad-12 across the front bottom (it has ribbon loop to keep rats from scrunching it down but should not be hung by that loop)

*two corner hammocks 18 across front
*one standard flat 14 by 16
*two narrow flats: 8 by 16, 9 by 23

*plus a stuffed sleep n play pillow (stuffed w/polyfill)

if you have very young or very old rats, rats with a mobility issue or if you are simply concerned about what your bubbs might do with the poly stuffing that's inside the pillow and in the removable pad for the TeePee, only use those when the rats are supervised.
Polyester *might* snag a little toe or toe nail or impede the movement of older rats.
I have no experience with this happening but it's better to be safe than sorry. My own rats would like enjoy pulling the stuffing out of the pillows, and I plan to make them their own for that very reason- so they can de-stuff it LOL
it seems like something they'd enjoy. But I'll supervise them, just in case.

https://flic.kr/p/mN2qh2

I got a better photo of the convertible triple bunk bed; the second photo shows the true color and brightness of it better than the first:

https://flic.kr/p/mN2kn4

https://flic.kr/p/mN2kGH

there's another triple bunk bed available, if desired I can add an extra set of grommets to make this convertible as well, just let me know when you place your order:
https://flic.kr/p/mN2kcK

there's a matching double decker, if purchased with the triple bunk bed, deduct $2 from the shipping:
https://flic.kr/p/mN2kcK

More hammock photos are being uploaded now, and will be edited and posted soon- I need to take a PC break, my neck hurts LOL

The six pack of destruction love the triple bunk and haven't put a tooth mark in it. Peanut was in it again today and even got himself out!

OK the bunny set sold, and another full set sold before I could even list it LOL

here's some other things I have for sale; if you make a donation to either Peggy's Rat rescue or Shelagh's you get a free wooden chew toy with your order (donation must be verified)

Sweet Pea set- I love this print!!
https://flic.kr/p/n8CU4m

bonding pouch
https://flic.kr/p/n8AVen

pretty spring flowers bunk bed and corner flat
https://flic.kr/p/n8B4NV

there's more made I just haven't had time to photograph them, my camera is moody, it has bad days and good days- on it'd bad days, it shuts itself off repeatedly LOL

Last edited:
I feel kind of guilty since the boys love the triple bunk and the hammock with the pockets so much (our oldest boys have this one), but I have to take them down already to clean them.. They are going to hate me!!!! :noway:

do you have an esty page I can see them at? or maybe i just missed the pages with the pictures on them?

oh sorry there are links above, you can't see them?

right now the hammocks are on hold for someone, awaiting payment on Friday

the only thing not on hold is the bonding pouch which is $10 plus shipping
see photo attached:

bonding pouch.jpg

Back