Halifax Nova Scotia - Dr. Donald Benoit

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SQ

Senior Member - Vegan for the animals
Dr. Donald Benoit was recommended by my vet in NB.
He has also been recommended by several rat owners in the Halifax area whom I "know" on CRA.
He is an exotic vet and is experienced with rats.
He has done many surgeries on rats (not mine) - including neuters and spays.

He is the only rat I have heard of in Nova Scotia that is recommended to take an ill rat to.

His clinic was Vetopia but has merged with Fairview Animal Clinic.
457 - 3353

Small Animal/Exotic Exam: $73
Doxycycline Hycalata 25mg/ml: $54
Baytril 50mg: $22.90

Is there no way to get rat meds on my own drug plan! Is there a cheaper way to get the medication? I have very little experience with sick rats, mine have all been healthy for over a year.

He is treating Pip for myco and said to give .05 ml of each twice a day, for 10 days. Is this accurate? Holly, you said she should be treated for 6 weeks... I think he gave me enough doxy for 6 weeks (it is a huge bottle) but definitely not enough baytril. Why do they sell doxy in such huge bottles, when I am supposed to be dispensing the same amount of doxy as baytril?

I live/work right next to the Fairview Animal hospital, and I just stopped in today to see them. I was a little dismayed by how little they had for rats, but they said they will be recieving new stock shortly. I believe that there is only one exotic/small animal Doctor, Dr.Benoit I suppose. I'd like to hear more on anyones experiance with him.

Back