Hairless who loves to chew fabric

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen

hey there! Recently got two little girls from a rescue. I had purchased two hammocks and one we hung as a hammock, the other was hung like a pouch to help my little hairless girl stay warm. I also fashioned a towel (from the dollar store) into a corner hammock. They loved using the towel and the sack. I added a tunnel, which they occasionally use to wrestle and eat in.

About a week ago I added a cube. Within less than a day, Harriette had geniusly chewed a hole in the corner of the cube to get to her sack and back again. However, I cleaned their cage yesterday and she had completely destroyed the sack hammock and the towel one... the cube is also in rough shape. After she tried to rip the crickle tunnel to sheds in the middle on the night, I gave her a little terry cloth hand towel from the dollar store. This seemed to calm her down... thinking she wanted nesting material.

Give she’s a hairless, I have some concerns with the fabric lodging into her eyes potentially. Anyone have any ideas? I’ve already order more cubes, hammocks and pocket hammocks from Etsy.

My baby loves chewing fabric too. I don't give her hammocks anymore because she simply shredded them so now I get big bleached out or hole-filled towels from the thrift store, wash them, and cut them up into foot wide squares. I give her a square every couple of days and take out the old one to wash. Each square gets about three uses before it is completely shredded and I have to throw it away. This way I use about one towel about every two months instead of two towels and a hammock every month.

Back