Hairless girls

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ratgirlmtl

Hi all ,

I just got 2 hairless girls , Perky is 4 months old and from the looks of it and my other rat forum shes prgo .. :( not my fault the breeders ..she was in the cage with her brother since birth ..

and this is brookyln shes 2 months old right now and a double rex a real sweetie

I guesse Ill need your opinion now to see if she really is and if anyone would care to help me with her and the prgo thing , care, food and so on ..

and if she is anyone in canada looking for hairless or rex's well You might be getting some babies :)

They're gorgeous, I look forward to seeing lots more pictures.

I think I remember reading hairless rats can have trouble feeding their babies, but other people will have a lot more and better advice than me. Good luck with her

Welcome to you and your two girls.
They sure do look very sweet. Perky does look like she could be pregnant.
Where are you in Canada?

Some hairless have nipples going inwards, but from the pics I think this particular girl have nipples going out so it shouldn't be a problem

I don't believe that double rex rats have the same issues as a true hairless with lactation. *insert head scratch icon here*.

Your best bet to check for pregnancy is to get a digital scale (postal works well) and weigh her everyday at the same time looking for a steady weight gain. Keep track of the weights. This is the best way to tell, besides looking at a belly.

:lol2:

Adorable girlies!
Montreal right? Just like your nick? LOLOL

Im in montreal :)

I guesse I'll be finding homes for some of her babies , lets hope all goes well with them and the mommy ..

shes in the cage with a 2 month old double rex ..should I remove her from the cage till she has her babies ?

Ratgirlmtl said:
Im in montreal :)

I guesse I'll be finding homes for some of her babies , lets hope all goes well with them and the mommy ..

shes in the cage with a 2 month old double rex ..should I remove her from the cage till she has her babies ?

Leave them together for now. Before she has the babies you'll have to separate them. She might not be pregnant either, only time will tell. My nekkids have big round bellies too, and there's no way they are preggers. They are 27 months old. :D

Are you absolutely sure of both girl's ages? Perky looks younger than 8 weeks to me, but nekkids also look a bit different sometimes than furred.

You could also keep an eye on your older girl going into heat....and pray for it. Don't think much of your breeder. :(

Well perk (hairless pink one) is 4 months old

and brooklyn the double rex is 2 months old

I did weight perky yesterday she was 153g and today shes 159g ?

What a pretty pair of girls!
I sure hope Perky's not prego, I'd hate to see Brooklyn have to be separated, it looks like she absolutely adores her big sister.

They are both double rex rats, but Perk has less hair since she's older. She looks like she has fuzz on her nose.

OK 6 grams is not a lot yet, could still be a young girl growing.

I am going to show you what I mean by the daily weight gain. I went thru my first (only) oops litter last August and learned a lot by documenting absolutely everything!

Bronwen was also 4 months old.
OMGitsSomasdoppelganger.jpg

Bronwen’s Weight Gain (4 months old)
Aug. 11 – 267 g
Aug. 14 – 279 g
Aug. 15 – 289 g
Aug. 16 – 302 g
Aug. 17 – 319 g
Aug. 18 – 329 g
Aug. 19 – 346 g
Aug. 20 – 354 g
Aug. 21 – 364 g (birth)
Sept. 14 – 278 g

To this....
beachedwhale.jpg

More pics of my girls .. as you can see im pretty sure perky is prego shes getting fat and not all around lol

Picture049.jpg

Picture045.jpg

Picture044.jpg

I love this pic
Picture037.jpg
thats brooklyn

Back