hair "loss"

Discussion in 'Health & General Care' started by ccrusted, Mar 22, 2019.

Help Support Rat Shack Forum by donating:

1. Apr 12, 2019 at 3:56 AM #41

ccrusted

ccrusted

ccrusted

I was able to get some photos. I apologize for the poor wuality as the lighting wasn’t that good so I had to use cash and the photos may be fuzzy as both boys wanted to jump up to my shoulder and kept moving. The dark haired one is the one with the scabs and no bugs and the light one is the one with bugs and no scabs. I tried taking photos of the bugs but if is very hard to see. I was actually having quite a difficult time trying to find both the scabs and the bugs for some reason, it’s like most of them just disappeared somehow. If I missed any information, I will try to update this when I can. Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Apr 13, 2019 at 3:28 AM #42

ccrusted

ccrusted

ccrusted

3. Apr 13, 2019 at 5:54 PM #43

ccrusted

ccrusted

ccrusted

I went to the vet clinic today to try to get some kitten revolution and they said they couldn’t give it to me because his vet wasn’t there and they didn’t know dosages and such. I had the money all ready to go and my boys could have been treated but they can’t give me the medication and don’t know the severity of the situation and how damaging it can be to be left untreated. I hate going to this vet and I wish I could go somewhere else where I might at least have good service and have a vet that actually goes to work and does their job. That kind of turned into a rant, sorry. It is just aggravating. And to top it off, they are closed tomorrow (Sunday) so I won’t be able to get the kitten revolution until Monday where this is still a chance that she won’t even give it to me. AHHHHHHHH

4. Apr 13, 2019 at 7:49 PM #44

lilspaz68

lilspaz68

lilspaz68

Administrator Staff Member Admin

Try again on Monday.

5. Apr 13, 2019 at 10:45 PM #45

ccrusted

ccrusted

ccrusted

I will try again on Monday but knowing her, she probably won’t give it to me because it is “not made for rats”

6. Apr 15, 2019 at 10:29 PM #46

ccrusted

ccrusted

ccrusted

I tried again to get kitten revolution to treat my rats and we were told that she won’t give it to us because when I took one of my rats in for unrelated reasons, he didn’t show any signs of mites but if I am being honest, she didn’t even look through his fur or anything so she doesn’t have any right to deny him treatment. I told them that I have photos of the bugs and scabs from when I posted on here because it would be easier and less expensive to show her the photos then to take them both in and spend upwards of $60+ just to see the vet. Thankfully, the lady at the front desk (the vet was busy) said that I can email them the photos and the vet can look at them when she is free and see what she can do. So I will email them when I am done typing this and hopefully I can get some kitten revolution ASAP.

Thank you all for your feedback.

7. Apr 15, 2019 at 10:40 PM #47

ccrusted

ccrusted

ccrusted

The email has been sent

8. Apr 16, 2019 at 2:39 PM #48

lilspaz68

lilspaz68

lilspaz68

9. Apr 16, 2019 at 7:05 PM #49

ccrusted

ccrusted

ccrusted

She hasn’t called or emailed back yet.

I was wondering if using kitten revolution could be effected if one of the rats is taking doxycycline already. Could it cause either medication to be defective?

10. Apr 16, 2019 at 7:42 PM #50

lilspaz68

lilspaz68

lilspaz68

11. Apr 16, 2019 at 10:03 PM #51

ccrusted

ccrusted

ccrusted

This was the vet’s response.

I weighed my other boy and took photo and video proof just in case she didn’t believe me. I am going to try to collect some of the bugs in my other boys fur. I am not going to pluck his fur because that is cruel. I will update you guys with anything new I encounter.

Knowing her though, she won’t let me get the kitten revolution because “it isn’t made for rats”. If you have any suggestions on how I can persuade her into letting me please let me know. I want to use something that will actually work and I trust experienced rat owners more than I trust her judgment.

Thank you

Attached Files:

12. Apr 17, 2019 at 4:57 AM #52

ccrusted

ccrusted

ccrusted

I took the time to go through my one boys fur and pick out as many bugs as I could. Just now realizing when I reread the email I received, she said to use clear scotch tape, I used the other kind of scotch tape by accident (I don’t know what it is called at the moment, sorry) Hopefully it doesn’t matter that much. I put it in a ziplock bag. I have his weight so all I have to do is take the bag in to get it analyzed.

Thank you