Greetings, fellow rat lovers!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RatBits

A little about myself: I have been a rat owner for the past decade or so, and I absolutely love them. I adopted my first rat from a friend whose daughter was in the 4H Club, and whose passion project was raising awareness of the advantages of rats as pets. Mina, the rat in question, was slightly older when I brought her home, but absolutely terrific. She bonded to me easily and I took her everywhere. She was a sensation among the kids in the neighborhood (less so with their parents at first, who took substantially longer to warm up. Most adults are already heavily prejudiced against rats).

Since then, I've had several other rats, the most recent three being Alice, Anna and Amelia -- all rescues. Alice, especially, is a delight, and accompanies me to work almost every day; her out-going disposition has made her a customer favorite. I often refer to her as the company's unofficial mascot when introducing her to people.

She can be seen here, chilling next to my laptop at work:
https://i.imgur.com/QgU6lps.mp4

[I don't know if embeds are allowed on this site, hence the link].

I look forward to perusing this forum and exchanging information with other members. Have a great day, all!

Last edited:
Thank you, Jo. Yes, when I posted this video on Imgur I got a ton of positive feedback. Most people were surprised at how mellow she was -- she definitely loves her tickles. I'm not entirely sure why she likes to stretch out next to the laptop (warmth, probably?), but she does it all the time.

Back