Gras lily as a treat?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nyn

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Dear all,

As I was looking for nice treats for my rats I came accross a pet website which sells things just for rodents.
They advertised gras lily as a nice plant to keep in the cage as it is absolutely fine for rats to eat this plant.
I have not seen it anywhere else though, and I do have quite a lot of graslily plants in my house which (if they are allowed to have it) would be nice for them.
I know certain herbs are okay (like basil, coriander and parcely), but I have never heard of using gras lily.
Does anybody have experience with this?
https://www.drdknaagdierwinkel.nl/en/rodent-plant.htmlThis is the website (in English)

Kind regards,

Nynke

some people put the end of celery etc into water to regrow it after cutting off the end. Then they give this to the rats as a treat .... in the play area not the cage

I believe that oat grass (often given to cats) is also safe ......... but soil any plants are growing in could be a problem .... potting soil would be dangerous (possibly lethal) and people would likely bake soil to kill any parasites etc thus I doubt it would be good as a growing medium

I have used coconut soil for a dig box which is completely chemical free :) I am pretty sure that is safe. But I won't dare to use the grass lily plant then if none of you are sure it is safe. Thank you for the replies!

Back