Good to be here!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godmother

I am allergic to most furry and feathered critters, and I sure don't want to have a snake or a tarantula as a pet :roll: , so I was thrilled to discover that I am not allergic to ratties!!

I was going to have just four rats, yet somehow I ended up with a lucky 13... all girls, ranging from 5 to 26 months old. Keeps me hopping! Good thing I learned a lot as apprentice to SQ before taking on my lovely girls.

Looking forward to lots of debates and discussions here!

Welcome, nice to have you here!
wave.gif

I am allergic to most furry and feathered critters, and I sure don't want to have a snake or a tarantula as a pet

Yup !!
She refused to consider my suggestion of a pet chicken and got ratties instead ... go figure :lol:

I'm learning that 4 is just not enough... which is scary because 4 is what I'm at now....

So happy you got here, Godmother!

I was never without a critter (mostly cats) sharing my space since the day I was born, and never had an allergy until ratties. Had to quit having ratties when the last one passed. That lasted a month. I found having ratties is as much a choice as breathing.

I'm so happy for you - and kids that benefit from your love & care!
So lovely to meet you!

ScatteredRain,
If you've had a pet chicken, you simply must read some of the books by a Canadian artist and writer in eastern Canada, Linda Johns. You'd particularly like Birds of a Feather.

:threadjacked: ( It's my thread, and I'll hijack it if I want to!) :faces:

Linda Johns and her husband foster and rehabilitate injured birds, and you would not believe how much trouble they go to! They have a very smart pet chicken, who even hops into bed with them sometimes. This may all sound crazy, but Linda Johns' books are wonderful, very warm and charming. I learned so much about the emotional life of birds.

Back