Gone without a goodbye...

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Karma said:
So sorry to hear about your loss....tears are running down my face as i read through all of these posts.

From one Tara to another, sincerely,
Tara

Thank you. But it really is ok now.... I grieved, and I know that the way Bern went, was the better way. And he's fine now. He finished his time here and moved on to the next adventure. I'm just feeling sorry for me now... He's just fine, wherever he is.

Tara said:
One of my boys, Bern, is dead this morning. Last night he was asleep in the hammock and didn't want to come out, I didn't think anything strange of this because he has never particularly liked being messed with, and this morning I found him in one of the nest houses, curled up and cold. He had no respitory symptoms that were out of the ordinary for him, and his brother seems fine, if a little distressed. Bern was two years old (about) I have no way of knowing for sure.... He looks like he's just sleeping... this is... I dont even know. Has anyone else ever had this happen, just gone, and no warning?

I'm so sorry Tara. :tearful: I had a rat pass that way and it was very painful for me. My mother told me that (hold on to your seat) Tara had been blessed to be taken in such a way. Tara had seen a good life and was very well treated. She died peacefully, in her sleep, with no panic, pain or suffering.

Death of a mini family member is always painful for those of us who are left behind. Your little man now plays over the Rainbow Bridge with his little satchel full of the love he knows you feel for him. :love6:

You did well Tara. Your little rat man loves you. :rose:

I'm so sorry Tara, it hurts no matter how you lose them. I've felt especially sad when I haven't had a chance to say goodbye too, but I have to be happy for them that they really lived til they died and didn't have to go thru health battles or incapacitations.
I believe that they always know you are there with them and that you'll be in soon, so they don't go feeling alone.

I do like to think about that... all my babies waiting for me. All different kinds, my dogs, and horses and rats. In my perfect place. Ready to welcome me home when I'm through here...

Back