Gone but Not Forgotten: Baby Schpog

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Schpog

Sisters in their backpack.jpg

Baby Schpog is the rat on the top RIP and her sister(bottom rat). She spent her whole short life together with her sister Big Schpog. Suddenly, Baby Schpog just disappeared. I think she got out on the window ledge. There is no easy grieving process when a loved rat just disappears. I can't bury her and pay tribute at her grave. I don't even know what happened to her.

Baby Schpog was a very unique rat. She was a little bit shy and depended so much on her sister to fully enjoy life. Her sister Big Schpog is very outgoing and loves going for walks. Baby Schpog loved going with her sister because it made her less skittish. Although there were times I took Baby Schpog on her own for walks, and she enjoyed it, she loved it much more with her sister.

This picture was taken in June 2020 after we had just got back from a walk through the park.

Both my girls are very attached to me and never run off. I could take them to the park and let them play on the park bench and they always knew never to stray too far from Momma. They loved walking at night and I remember the first night walk we did in the full moon. Both my girls LOVED looking at the moon. Night walks were their favourite, all snuggled together in my coat sleeve or at my front with me cuddling them while they sniffed the night air and saw the sights. They saw the light show at a certain landmark one night.

RIP my sweet Baby Schpog. I don't ever know how I will fully recover from your disappearance. I searched for you in the next door gardens. I called your name. I miss you dearly.
Sisters in their backpack.jpg

Back