Going to get rats! Opinions on this cage very appreciated!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It’s always sunny

i’m Going to be getting two females sometime in the next month and I’m thinking that the cage I’m getting will be the ferplast Furet XL.

I’m wondering if anyone has had any problems with this cage ? It’s very spacious but because it’s wide I’m worried it won’t be easy to find things to span the width of the cage. Basically I’m worried there will be a whole load of wasted space in the centre !

Has anyone got this cage and has tips for utilising the space well?

Thanks! So excited to make my future rats a home!

Attachments

• 3089FCD7-9AD0-4F22-9CA4-15C8C38AD6D3.png
    3089FCD7-9AD0-4F22-9CA4-15C8C38AD6D3.png
    221.6 KB · Views: 177
Welcome to the forum :)
btw you will find a lot of useful info in the Reference Thread https://www.ratshackforum.com/threads/reference-thread-read-only.35894/

Nice cage ,,,, a few members on here have had that cage but I don't know id=f anyone on here now has one … you could do a search (you right screen, click on search, pick more and then put in the name of the cage)
I found this review

I believe it is a ferret cage, so you will need to check the bar spacing to ensure that it is not too large
and as you mentioned you will need to use the space wisely ....... adding a level or using lots of hammocks, and tubes etc will help ….. rats also love space pods/sputnik

looking at cage setups might give you some ideas even if they are not the same cage you are getting

I got it and it’s a little tricky to access several parts but not a nightmare - I actually got the huge Furet tower which is double this size but I had to remove the bottom part as it’s impossible to clean and access!!! Really disappointed. Anyway. The top part is essentially what I’ve shown above so hopefully they’ll enjoy it . Getting my boys tomorrow!!!

Back