Girls Weights

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LA

YAY I got a scale for christmas. It isn't digital but we made it work.

Anyways at the vets and the girls were weighed

Oct 24
Ruby - 9 months - 255g
Hazel - 9 months - 290g
Lily - 4 months (best guess) - 326g

Dec 26
Ruby - 11 months - 255g - hasn't gained at all
Hazel - 11 months - 269g - gained 21g, the most of them all
Lily - 6 months - 340g - gained 14g

Does this look good. Should I be worried that Ruby hasn't gained. She is well defined and sleek. Maybe she's just one of those in shape girls.

I was surprised that Hazel had gained the most, I thought she had lost and of course I knew Lily had gained and knowing that she's younger I knew she would gain.

Since I wasn't sure of Lily's birthday, I made it June 25, all I know is that she was under 2 months when I got her at petsmart, so I just said a month and a half.

From now on I am going to try and weigh them the same time each month.

Did you make an error with Hazel's weight? She went from 290 to 269?

They sound like a good weight. Maintaining the weight is good too. :wink:

All of those weights sound very good. You can look at each individual and see f anyone is really plump or not. Ruby not having gained any is just fine, too. Some rats are just smaller overall, and don't gain like others. My girl Grey goes between 2-3grams and then suddenly packs on 10-15g during a growth spurt.

Although Lily is larger of the two. It's not a fat large, she's bigger in general. Bigger feet, longer body, etc. So I am not worried about her. She doesn't have rolls.

I was a little worried about Ruby not gaining but not anymore. YAY.

Back