Gel beads? Are they okay for rats?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DawnQiBawls

I'm making up flower pots with those water/gel beads and thought the rats would have fun with them, especially because they bounce. I can't find anything about if it's okay though. They're non toxic for humans but not to be eaten because of choking hazard. Anyone know? Thank you.

I'd probably avoid it. I think the beads tend to break apart pretty easily, so I'd be worried about some accidental consumption of the little, broken pieces while playing. I doubt the beads are easily digestible, so enough of that could lead to a risk of intestinal blockage. It's probably not a massive risk, but still more than I'd personally be willing to take.

I'd probably avoid it. I think the beads tend to break apart pretty easily, so I'd be worried about some accidental consumption of the little, broken pieces while playing. I doubt the beads are easily digestible, so enough of that could lead to a risk of intestinal blockage. It's probably not a massive risk, but still more than I'd personally be willing to take.
Thank you, that is probably correct. It's not worth the risk. :)

Back