Funny Story

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dspch911

When I had the boys at the vet the other day my vet told me I would of loved her last appointment. I saw her last appointment was a couple of young girls with two tanks (didn't know what was in them) and a mom. It turns out the mom brought the hamsters in because something was wrong with one of the females genitalia. Something sure was wrong as HER gonads were dropping..... :rofl2: Apparently this is the second time she has paid for an appointment to find out there is nothing wrong with the parts. I cannot laugh too hard since I did paid to find out my rat was just horny and another time to find out my nakie didn't have blue balls that was just his pigment coming in....

My friend's daughter had a hamster and she asked me to sex it, and I said female. Fast forward a few months, and the next time I saw the hammie, it was a BOY. Then the next time, he was missing his testicles again. This hammie was very talented at pulling those testicles up into his body! Good thing he was by himself!!!
I hope those hammies didn't have play dates!

Our Stewart is like that! When we do intros and he gets scared/nervous - gonads disappear. When I first went to get him he had no gonads - here's me with no girls thinking oh crap its a she what have I gotten myself into this time?

One of the girls I work with did this same thing. She had a hamster they sold as a girl ( hamsters are hard to sex when they are young I hated doing it.) So She tells me it has two lumps. I told her to bring it down I would look at her. She she got there I picked him up I said oh those are nuts, this is a boy! So they were worried about them turning pink/red. I explained that when the rats get to hot they push their little balls out as far as they can so they only have skin covering them and not just hair LOL I said he is hot that is why his balls are pink. Told them to freeze small pill bottles with water in it to put in the cage so he could cool off.
It is funny how it isnt obvious to some people I remember my cousin asking what was hanging from my cats butt, well he was a boy LOL

Back